Author Topic: Avast popups getting VERY annoying.  (Read 7732 times)

Offline Betsy 2

Re: Avast popups getting VERY annoying.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2024, 10:10:10 PM »
I've read a lot of the posts in this thread and find them to be no help whatsoever.  I recently started having problems with pop-up ads from Avast (which I pay for, BTW) telling me either that I have been signed out or that I need to sign in to continue my premium protection.  After "trying" to follow the advice of tech support, who recommended going to SETTINGS and changing the time to zero, I cannot even find the settings tab that you're talking about.  And the option is not there under my account settings.  I am very close to removing Avast in lieu of something else.  Just stop it.

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2024, 10:33:52 PM »
you've posted this in a 10 year old thread so maybe best to start a new post.
a lot of the replys on this thread will be out of date as the UI interface has been updated many times in last 10 years.

if your subsription is due in next few weeks we always seem to get some advert popups.

make sure offers are unticked.
go menu top right>settings>personal privacy> half way down offers untick both boxes.

check if you are signed in or out
menu>my subscriptions>are you signed in?
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline TheOwner

• Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2024, 11:59:59 PM »
In "Notifications" settings set "Limited mode". Ad pop-ups will be instantly removed even in Free version.