Author Topic: ? avast updates need help  (Read 5425 times)

radiofan12

Re: ? avast updates need help
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »
ok what im not getting just to clarify the matter in hand is the voice updates saying virus defs r up to date there not comeing through at any time of the day at all. ive used the reinstall tool and did fresh install but still that voice update don't come through. I have heered on the forum though there has been ongoing faults with the voice updates unless that's the problem. I am greatful 4 any feedback.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »
ok what im not getting just to clarify the matter in hand is the voice updates saying virus defs r up to date there not comeing through at any time of the day at all. ive used the reinstall tool and did fresh install but still that voice update don't come through. I have heered on the forum though there has been ongoing faults with the voice updates unless that's the problem. I am greatful 4 any feedback.

It is highly unlikely that a reinstall would change what is a problem in the program.

Do you happen to have the program settings set for Silent/Gaming mode (if so uncheck that option) ?

If not:
Are you getting any popups at the bottom right of the screen at all ?
If so:
Are any of those auto update notification popups ?
Or as is likely popups for ads/info, etc. ?

Note:
Currently there are ads/info piggybacked on to the auto update notification, if you get one of the ads/info popups then it is likely that you have also just received an auto update. Unfortunately this piggybacking screws up the auto update voice-over and you don't see an auto update notification.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

radiofan12

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 12:28:17 AM »
hi david I think my registry was a bit messed up as I noticed wen I installed avast now I heered it saying the quick scan as been done fingers crossed it be ok now. I had to clean the registry before hand.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 12:43:54 AM »
Yes, hopefully you are good to go now.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security