Author Topic: Win32:VBCrypt-CSL[Trj]  (Read 1345 times)

iz

Win32:VBCrypt-CSL[Trj]
« on: April 02, 2014, 09:37:44 PM »
I've noticed a couple of previous queries concerning Win32:VBCrypt-CSL[Trj] on the board, and that they've usually been dismissed as false positives. I am however a bit concerned about my detection of Win32:VBCrypt-CSL[Trj] in the file ntuser.dat.log2 for a couple of reasons, one being that I've noticed other files reported as infected over time (Avast! has however been able to deal with those but concistently fails to repair or delete ntuser.dat.log2 - on occasion the infected file is log1 instead of log2 though).

The file can't be removed, copied or read in any other known way known to me, which makes it impossible to submit it for analysis. Not as a user nor an administrator. During startup scan the flags are reported as "incompatible" which also is the reason given for Avast! being unable to access the file.

I submit a screenshot of Avast!'s scan report (in Swedish, but the essentials should be obvious regardless of language) for your consideration. Any feedback would be appreciated. If at all possible, I would like to avoid a re-install.

Operating system affected: Windows 8.1

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Win32:VBCrypt-CSL[Trj]
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 11:20:09 PM »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

iz

Re: Win32:VBCrypt-CSL[Trj]
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:23:46 PM »
Thanks. Will do.