Author Topic: exclusions  (Read 1784 times)

demonperformer

exclusions
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:29:53 AM »
Avast has started blocking my c++ compiler from compiling the programs that i am trying to write.

I have added the file path of the compiler (C:\DEV-CPP\MINGW32\BIN\LD.EXE) into the exclusions box on the antivirus tab, but this has had no effect (ie it is still stopping me from working).

Switching off protection completely is not a satisfactory solution, as I am still connected to the internet while working, and so this would open me up to infections.

Please advise what I need to do (in addition to adding the path of the compiler to the exclusions box) that will allow me to continue working.

Thank you.

(Using Win XP, if that makes a difference)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: exclusions
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 12:06:21 PM »
What exactly is detected? The compiler itself (in which case it would work), or rather the compiled programs (in which case it won't)?

demonperformer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 12:18:56 PM »
Now that is a horrible thought!

Yes, it looks like it is my freshly written, not-yet-compiled progam that contains "Min32:Malware-gen".

I have just tried it using a simple "Hello World" program, and this also contains the infection!

Attaching a screen print of the message I am getting.

Thanks.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 12:26:48 PM »
Please submit the file as false positive, e.g. using the link in the detection window.

demonperformer

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 12:35:53 PM »
Reported as requested.

As an interim measure I have added the entire folder which I use for my program "r&d" into the exclusions box and this seems to solve the issue (at least for the "hello world" prog!).

Thanks.