Author Topic: [How to] Resolve the Action Center protection off error  (Read 1914 times)

kelvint

[How to] Resolve the Action Center protection off error
« on: May 02, 2014, 01:06:51 AM »
You may see something in the Action Center that says something like 'Turn on Avast' and you check Avast. The protection is on! How to fix this? This is caused by Windows not realizing protection is on, so a real easy reboot of the active protection shields of Avast should fix your Action Center good as new.

1. Go into Avast's user interface
2. On the side, click on Settings
3. In Settings, go to the 'Active Protection' tab.
4. Turn off all the shields. It will ask you how long. I don't think it matters what you choose there, because we are restarting the shields afterwards anyway.
5. After all 3 shields are turned off, Click on OK.
6. Go back to Home and it should say something like 'You are unprotected!'
7. Next to that, there should be a button called 'Resolve All'
8. Click that button, and all the shields will turn back on. Your Action Center should no longer say to turn on the antivirus

If I am wrong, feel free to tell me! I've just started using Avast.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: [How to] Resolve the Action Center protection off error
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:26:21 AM »
This is discussed in many topics.

You don't have to go into the avastUI:
1. just right click on the avast tray icon > avast! shields control > Disable for 10 minutes.
2. confirm the avast self-defence module dialogue.
3. enable the avast shields again (from the tray icon, as 1. above, but Enable all shields), done.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security