Author Topic: Avast! Free Antivirus 2014 9.0.2018.391 is compatible with comodo firewall 7?  (Read 4867 times)

Alecos

Hello! A couple of months ago I had this configuration:

avast 8 free edition
comodo firewall 5 (without hips active)

and every days I had blue screen and my PC crashed... now I have installed comodo firewall 7 and avira antivir 2014 but because my great love is avast... I'd like to know if I can back to avast using version free edition 2014 9.0.2018.391 with comodo firewall 7 (only firewall without HIPS)...

I have also Superantispayware, MalwareBytes Antimalware free edition and MalwareBytes AniRootKit beta free...

I use also uTorrent... and I read on avast forum that avast 2014 is not compatible with uToreent which causes blue screen...

Someone can help me to back to avast safely?

With avira I have not conflict and I'm a bit frustrating to the idea to back to avast and blue screen with crash every days...

Kesetyan

Hi Alecos,

I have been using Avast 2014 9.0.2018 Free with Comodo Free for a few months on both a Windows XP desktop computer and on a Windows 7 desktop computer without conflicts.  Comodo free is just a firewall - I would expect you would get conflicts if you ran the Comodo free security suite with Avast though but that is not your intention.  Avira, although good, lacks some of the features of Avast such as an email scanner which is useful to have.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:56:55 PM by Kesetyan »

Alecos

Hi Alecos,

I have been using Avast 2014 9.0.2018 Free with Comodo Free for a few months on both a Windows XP desktop computer and on a Windows 7 desktop computer without conflicts.  Comodo free is just a firewall - I would expect you would get conflicts if you ran the Comodo free security suite with Avast though but that is not your intention.  Avira, although good, lacks some of the features of Avast such as an email scanner which is useful to have.

Hi! Thanks for your experience, now I have installed avast 2014 with comodo firewall 7, for now I have no conflicts, thank your for your reply  ;)

Kesetyan

Hi Alecos,

I'm glad all is well now you have both Avast and Comodo installed - I hope it remains that way.

Best regards, Kes.

Alecos

Tomorrow I found a surprise... avast blocking my PCs, Windows Vista SP2 refuses to start (conflict with firewall I think), Windows XP SP3 refuses to start (conflict with firewall I think) the last Windows 7 seems at the moment haven't problem but start in strange mode... keeps 2-3 minutes to start... I removed all installations and back to avrira  :-[... Seems that the conflict hasn't been resolved...  >:( I'm very frustrating...

Offline havildar

It seems to me your Comodo firewall is causing more conflict problems than it's worth and you would probably do better to dump it (and Avira) and keep Avast.

In any case, the Windows 7 firewall is a good one, and if you are using a modern router, it probably has a firewall as well, so there is no real need to use Comodo at all, especially if it's the major cause of your conflict problems.
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.