Author Topic: My opinion on Avast!.  (Read 9300 times)

I♥Avast!

My opinion on Avast!.
« on: May 05, 2014, 08:10:45 PM »
PRELUDE:
First of all sorry if this is not a issue post or something, but I wanna say my opinions on avast!.

Avast! is probably the best AV I used ever. When I didn't know about avast! I used AVG, which is kindof good but not as good as Avast!. When my friend told me about this AV I was like "Nah this couldn't be good can't it" and when I tested it... The whole computer life changed. I was getting so many "outdated", "your PC is at risk" and such popups and it all was changed when I tested Avast!. This is such a  ;D :-* (cool) program!

Basic Opinions:
1. Avast! is light, fast and reilable. Using only 7K-9K memory, I didn't even notice it's running in the background.
2. Avast! detects the whole majority of viruses/rootkits/trojans etc. and a lot of PUPs on my system, while AVG only some (according to a expert review and my own opinion :) )
3. Avast! has a Software Updater which is really useful for keeping my software updated.
4. Also, avast! company has the best free anti-virus ever. It is free but... It's just like IS for me. The only Important thing is that it detects A LOT of viruses. And avast! has that. And a lot of other cool stuff too.
5. Avast! has become my all time greatest AV. It has almost 4.5+ stars on any review, it is in the most top charts of free AV software. And you won't believe this, but I actually changed my logon screen to a avast! wallpaper, my Wallpaper ( :D ) was changed to a avast image and also at the boot screen avast! says "Your computer is protected!" and it really is.
6. The AVAST! Forums are really active and helping. They are probably the best support. This AV has a great support, by using the Live Chat on their site, the phone numbers and the forums, who are great and helping.

FINAL WORDS:
Avast! is definitely the greatest AV of all time. There are many others great AV's but this is just my personal favourite. I've been using this AV for over 4 years now and I can say it is the best. I NEVER, EVER got infected. Before using avast, I got the ZeroAccess rootkit and I had to reinstall Windows (bear in mind that I was using AVG back then). But with Avast! I got it again and it blocked it. Oh so happy I was when I saw that "Rootkit blocked" message... I also use ZoneAlarm Free Firewall combined with Avast!, the top firewall/AV solution. I use MBAM for on-demand scan, and CCleaner and other software for cleaning up daily. I must say my PC was never as good as it is today.

So yeah.. 6 stars from me!  :-* This software is the best!

NOTES:
1. So I do not wanna threaten or make fun of AVG. They are a great company, all right, I just do not like their AV that much. Everyone has their opinions, eh?
2. Again, sorry if this is not a problem topic. I just wanna compliment my favourite AV company all right? Please not so many hate comments...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:13:05 PM by I♥Avast! »

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
Re: My opinion on Avast!.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 08:16:37 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback! :)

Regards,
~!Donovan
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

I♥Avast!

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »
And thank you for your really quick answer!
(P.S. In opinion #6 I told you all you have a great forum)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:38:44 PM »
Glad you like avast, and we're also glad you finally got your own avatar.

I♥Avast!

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 08:46:14 PM »

Aha  ???

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 09:03:58 PM »

Aha  ???
What do you mean "Aha" you cant play dumb now when you know as well as everyone else here that since you joined the forum you have copied other members avatars and even when suggested by several other members for you to not hijack another members avatars you refused to change ::) At least now you have finally done the right thing :)

I♥Avast!

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »
Okay? But I liked the freaking avatar im sorry god you don't have to keep me stressed with that

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 09:23:55 PM »
Okay? But I liked the freaking avatar im sorry god you don't have to keep me stressed with that
There are many users avatars on this forum that I like as well but it is forum etiquette that that controls not hijacking someone else's.

As I mentioned we're glad you did the right thing and found one of your own :)

bikemanAMD

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 09:42:37 PM »
Been using Avast since 2006, Briefly tried Windows Live One care (beta testing as I felt like I knew what  I was doing then--Wrong) ended up with a severe rootkit infection, boot sector virus, destroyed my entire AMD Athlon XP 2500 machine at the time, ended up having to settle for an AMD Sempron based system for a few years, as Shop wouldn't replace the AMD Athlon one

Now Using Avast on All Systems here, in the future my Android Cell phone soon as my contract is up with at&t, and Windows Phone, Then will be heading to Sprint to get Android phone so I can run Avast mobile security.

Avast has the best detection of free antivirus
fast response to false positives
system performance does not bog down with Avast
hardly notice avast is there except the alerts on definition updates and software update alerts
Forum support excellent

Learned a valueable lesson back in 2005/early 2006--be safe while surfing online, leave suspicious files alone, share less files with people I hardly know online, and 3rd keep Avast activiated and installed

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 09:57:30 PM »
I♥Avast!,
avast + zonealarm is not a good idea.
Zonealarm is not just only a software firewall anymore and that can lead to conflicts, lesser detection and such.
Best is to use a hardware firewall.
You may already have one without realizing it.
Many modems/routers nowadays have one build in.

destroyed my entire AMD Athlon XP 2500 machine at the time, ended up having to settle for an AMD Sempron based system for a few years, as Shop wouldn't replace the AMD Athlon one
Malware doesn't destroy hardware. So either there was a hardware problem or the shop scammed you.

I♥Avast!

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 10:09:59 PM »
I♥Avast!,
avast + zonealarm is not a good idea.
Zonealarm is not just only a software firewall anymore and that can lead to conflicts, lesser detection and such.
Best is to use a hardware firewall.
You may already have one without realizing it.
Many modems/routers nowadays have one build in.

destroyed my entire AMD Athlon XP 2500 machine at the time, ended up having to settle for an AMD Sempron based system for a few years, as Shop wouldn't replace the AMD Athlon one
Malware doesn't destroy hardware. So either there was a hardware problem or the shop scammed you.

I did NOT have any conflict with avast and zonealarm. If I have one then I'll let you know.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 10:13:06 PM »
Thankyou. :)

Also very good informative opinion for Avast.

I♥Avast!

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 10:14:37 PM »

Thanks... Sorry for stealing your avatar dude, I was just liking it, not knowing about the rules... I have my own now.

bikemanAMD

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 10:15:42 PM »
Maybe the shop did scam me, they went out of business not long after that.   

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 10:17:53 PM »

Thanks... Sorry for stealing your avatar dude, I was just liking it, not knowing about the rules... I have my own now.

And a nice one at that! ;)