Author Topic: !avast Or My Old Router Causing Game Lag?  (Read 1865 times)

Krocket

!avast Or My Old Router Causing Game Lag?
« on: May 08, 2014, 04:44:04 AM »
Maybe 2 months ago I started getting choke in every Valve game I play. Not sure if I get it in any other games because a 'choke' value is not displayed but they seem to be okay. Anytime a server has a lot of entities/players I get VERY laggy. On servers with 24+ players my choke can go from 50-100 which is not even close to playable. Is !avast behind it or something else? Fresh installs of the games and making sure my system is completely clean of any virus didn't help. It's on any server as long as it's a busy one as well.

BTW I've never been able to connect to local servers my friends host. Doesn't matter if it's from their computer or some provider like hamachi, doesn't work. This leads me to think my problems might be from !avast and something to do with my ip.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: !avast Or My Old Router Causing Game Lag?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 05:48:45 PM »
if you right click avast tray icon and pause shields for 10min .... is problem gone then?

Krocket

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 03:41:29 AM »
Guess that answers that question. Still laggy.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/97256831.png
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3489562981
My internet seems flawless so I find it difficult to believe it could be my router, especially since I got back 0% packet loss on that test. Kinda lost on what to do. I'll look for programs running in the background that might be causing it.

Offline RZPogi

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 07:39:50 AM »
You may want to check with your ISP and/or Valve. Lag is usually ISP's fault.
DESKTOP: Win 10, Avast 20 Free, Windows firewall, Malwarebytes free

LAPTOP: Win 10, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes free, Windows Firewall, Mcshield