Author Topic: Application update resets Language setting  (Read 1720 times)

threemoo

Application update resets Language setting
« on: May 09, 2014, 01:31:45 PM »
The title is pretty much self explanatory.

I have the English UK version of Avast! and I despise the new voice, so I found on the forum that you can fix it by setting your language to English instead of English (UK)...

But the result is pointless, since when I receive a Full Application Update, the language resets to English (UK).

Safe to say I am Extremely annoyed at this new voice problem, even after a fix the updates break the fix!

Is this fixable?

Can I download the US version or will it automatically force me to hear that horrible new voice?

EDIT:
I want sounds on, so switching off the sound is NOT a fix.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:39:15 PM by threemoo »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Application update resets Language setting
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 02:46:37 PM »
When you do an application update, use the custom update options and in the languages also select the English language option. When you do that it will be available after the update but you may have to switch to it.

The problem as I see it is avast is using the computers language and automatically giving English UK, that doesn't sound like any English accent I have heard. Stuck up, almost robotic and the wording of the voice-over is terrible.

See attached image to install additional languages and how to select it when installed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline drake127

• Avast team
Re: Application update resets Language setting
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »
Sorry, we'll fix it in the next release.