Author Topic: SOA 1.3.3.42 Waiting for Trial  (Read 2703 times)

Syrix

SOA 1.3.3.42 Waiting for Trial
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:44:34 PM »
Running SOA 1.3.3.42 on Windows 8 Pro

I'm attempting to deploy EPP over a small network of 22 machines,

SOA is telling me it is "Waiting for Trial" and will not accept the license file provided when Avast! was purchased.

I've submitted a ticket, but the wait time is extraordinary (4 business days for the first reply from support) and the "help" offered so far has been lacking (check firewall settings, ensure file sharing is enabled, etc.)

SOA is able to see the machines on the network. All have a grey ?

I've downloaded and re-downloaded the license file, no change.

I've requested a new license file and inserted it, no change.

Individual installations will accept the license file just fine, but I was expecting a much more streamlined deployment from a single location rather than remote desktop into each machine and installing individually.

The host machine (with SOA installed) is not/will not be using EPP. None of the documentation/setup instructions mentioned that EPP needed to be installed on the machine running SOA.

Is that the root of the problem? Does EPP need to be installed on the machine running SOA for SOA to accept the license file?

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: SOA 1.3.3.42 Waiting for Trial
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:02:20 PM »
Hi
The host machine (with SOA installed) is not/will not be using EPP. None of the documentation/setup instructions mentioned that EPP needed to be installed on the machine running SOA.

SOA should run without EPP.
Try to put the license directly under
C:\Users\All Users\AVAST Software\Administration Console\license.avastlic
then restart the pc with the SOA installed.

Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Syrix

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:10:57 PM »
Try to put the license directly under
C:\Users\All Users\AVAST Software\Administration Console\license.avastlic
then restart the pc with the SOA installed.

I was really hoping it'd be something so simple, but unfortunately no such luck. :(

Syrix

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 12:07:25 AM »
For kicks I just tried a fresh install of SOA and requested a Trial license during installation. I got "Waiting for trial" when I launched in to SOA.

Rebooted to safe mode, swapped the license file obtained during purchasing into the directory specified and rebooted. Once again, "Waiting for trial".

I've been looking and Googling since Friday for a solution and absolutely nothing works.

Very frustrated and disappointed.