Author Topic: AVAST Internet security - slider, reviewing websites HELP please  (Read 1511 times)

REDACTED

Hi All,

When I installed Internet Security I think I checked a box that said I'd be willing to rate websites for the community.  This results in a side bar coming out of the right of the screen when I visit websites asking me to rate the experience as positive or negative.  How do I now turn this feature off?  MSN is my homepage and almost every time I go there the side bar comes out asking me to rate my experience.  It's extremely annoying to be constantly asked to rate the same website.  Any help would be greatly appreciate.

REDACTED

Re: AVAST Internet security - slider, reviewing websites HELP please
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:53:27 PM »
So, to answer my own question I just heard from a tech rep and here's what they said: 

Please disable the avast! Online Security add-on while keeping the other components of the antivirus active.
 (here is a short instruction of how to manage add-ons in case you need one: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/2528-how-to-disable-add-ons-extensions-in-your-browser)

After doing so, and re-opening my browser the problem is gone.  It's crazy that they have an add-on that pops up 30% of the time I go to my homepage or Google though.  Who wants something that intrusive?