Author Topic: Getting "avast! Found Privacy Issues" message despite having removed app.  (Read 16925 times)

REDACTED

Hello,

On my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Android 4.4.2) I have avast mobile security premium running.

A few days ago I got an avast message saying that an app was suspicious with a potential privacy issue. I removed the app - a Persian dictionary called Fastdic - but I still have the avast message. When I click on the message it simply brings me to the main avast menu screen, and that's it. My questions are:

1. Is there something I still have to do to remove the potential threat?
2. Is the message just a relic from when the app was installed?
3. How do I remove this constant message?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Have you rebooted your device since removing the app?

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

REDACTED

Yes, I've rebooted several times. When I reboot, and pull down the avast icon at the top of screen, the avast message says the same thing: "avast! Found Privacy issues - 1 possible issues in Fastdic" instead of the generic avast message.

REDACTED

Hi there.

I have the same Problem with a free Sound cloud app. The phone is rebooted several times, the Software is deinstalled, and when I tip on the message, it get's me to the main window of the avast mobile security. I'm afraid of there could be a rest of code that has been rest on the phone, and because of the fact, that android isn't very open to the user, I don't know what could happen behind the ui.

greets, and hope for a solution

Offline Inliner

The same with Ninja Chicken  - 3 weeks. Uninstalled, rebooted, still there (pull down menu).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Me too. I have uninstalled App2SD and the message is always there...
I can't enter on Privacy module and do anything else, the scanning began and the message is there again...
I have run some temp/trash cleaner and the message remains...
The best things in life are free.

Offline konnoriximus

I have the exactly same issue with two of my phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) with Android 4.4.2
Sony Xperia Z with Android 4.4.2
In both cases the Privacy Advisor has found an issue (two different games on the phones). I removed the marked apps, but still get this annoying message.
On the Xperia Z I removed the Avast app completely, the reinstalled, this solved the problem, but I do not want to do the same on my S4 - there must be a better solution.
Anybody?

Offline cl.arnold

I have the same issue after removing Winamp from my Galaxy Note 8.0.
Android: 4.1.2
App version: 3.0.7601

I don't really want to clear Avast settings, or reinstall the app as it's configured.

REDACTED

Update: About 4 days ago, when I clicked on the same annoying message and went to the Avast page there was a "Clear" button that I didn't see before. I clicked on this button and the message disappeared. I'm not sure if this was due to an update by Avast, but I really cannot remember seeing this button before, and it is quite obvious. My Avast version is: 3.07650.

I thought all was good till an old app was updated today (Win Translator). This update caused the same issue to reappear, saying Avast has a privacy issue with WinTranslator.

I've tried clearing the cache, etc., but the message still persists.

REDACTED

Found that this works...once you had removed the offending app;

Scan using the AV then WHILE it is scanning go to the Phone notifications, select the avast! notification and the Avast notifications page will appear which should show the now obsolete warning  message, then press the clear button at the top of the page.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:16:53 PM by Big Ron »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The error is still there on the latest (recent updated) avast! Mobile Security, i.e., it was not solved in the latest update.

REDACTED

Hello,

On my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Android 4.4.2) I have avast mobile security premium running.

A few days ago I got an avast message saying that an app was suspicious with a potential privacy issue. I removed the app - a Persian dictionary called Fastdic - but I still have the avast message. When I click on the message it simply brings me to the main avast menu screen, and that's it. My questions are:

1. Is there something I still have to do to remove the potential threat?
2. Is the message just a relic from when the app was installed?
3. How do I remove this constant message?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Limpe os dados do aplicativo avast para solucionar...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Issue has not being solved. It's still there...

REDACTED

thanks so much for this information. I also had same problem and checked internet to find something solution. but my country site hadn't such good answer, so I searched by English again, soon this site appeared to me. finally I could clear the same annoying message by follow your advice. thanks so much.

REDACTED

Found that this works...once you had removed the offending app;

Scan using the AV then WHILE it is scanning go to the Phone notifications, select the avast! notification and the Avast notifications page will appear which should show the now obsolete warning  message, then press the clear button at the top of the page.

This solved my issue. Thanks!