Author Topic: repeated scan notifications and other oddities  (Read 2190 times)

Offline BTIsaac

repeated scan notifications and other oddities
« on: July 22, 2014, 11:20:20 AM »
I've been noticing a couple of weird things in the latest versions of avast mobile.

Most recently, I've been getting repeated notifications when scan is in progress. Scanning apps keeps popping up when I close the app during scan (so the scan keeps going on in the background), when I bring the GUI back up, start another app while scan is running in the background, even when the screen rotates of refreshes. I don't think I noticed this before. Is this supposed to be working like this?

The other weird issue looks like a cosmetic bug of some sort. After a scan is finished, and the results appear, the dark gray avast logo from the background will overlap the big green ok button. Rotating the screen fixes it but it's still annoying.

Is anyone else getting these, or is something wrong with my app?

I'm using a Samsung galaxy tab 2 running android 4.2.2, in case it's necessary.

Edit: also, tapping the Ok button no longer takes me back to the Virus Scan submenu. This and the first issue started happening since last night, after i accidentally came across a website for a false antivirus/spam blocker. I did a reinstall of avast, shortly afterwards. I'm scared that I might have gotten a virus or something and it's messing around with avast to stay hidden.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:16:42 PM by BTIsaac »

Offline BTIsaac

Re: repeated scan notifications and other oddities
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »
Okay, I know this sounded stupid, but I really need to know. Should I be afraid of something messing up my AV or am I worried over nothing?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 05:45:48 PM »
Hi,

no, you are fine. These are probably bugs in the app itself (I think I have the weird logo on my device as well). The notification behaves like that on some devices, so you just probably didn't notice before.

Filip

Offline BTIsaac

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 07:48:26 PM »
Thanks for responding. To be honest, I've been panicking a lot over next to nothing these days.
I've come across scareware adds hosted by google of all things, in apps I've been using for over a year. Add to that my past bad experiences with scareware, and the infamous mobogenie popup that downloads mobogenie on your device the moment you go on on-line, and I'm practically afraid of going near any website at all, or even starting a game app, out of fear that tapping anywhere close to an add (even a different link or the refresh button) or even just leaving a fingerprint where an add could show up will instantly give me a virus, or compromise all my passwords (I owe the later to the heartbleed exploit and whatever happened here), and my av could be the first to be infected, so I wouldn't even be defended against it. I'm even afraid of going to YouTube, because I'm afraid of seeing links in the descriptions, and the comments.

a few months ago, I kept changing all my passwords at least twice a week (the avast forum got hacked around the same time, imagine how I reacted to that), now I clear all caches, browsing history and cookie data, restart the device and do a virus scan nearly three times a day. I didn't panic this much because of technology since exactly 3 years ago.

But I really shouldn't be using the forum for ranting like this. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.