Author Topic: Phone stolen - battery dead already - already have replacement phone  (Read 1737 times)

REDACTED

Okay... So I was in Miami, was out for a bit and I had my phone stolen.  When I could, I went onto Avast website and tried to locate it... I found the last location position but it wasn't there.  The battery is now dead on it and I cannot send or receive any commands from it.  I am now back home and I have already called Sprint and received my replacement phone.

Now that the phone has been disconnected from the network, what are the actions that Avast (the app) will take.  Will it know that it is stolen and ask for a password to get into my phone or is my phone wide open now and anyone can get anything they want off it?  How does this whole process work?  Any info or any if you need more info please help me... Thanks.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Phone stolen - battery dead already - already have replacement phone
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »
Now that the phone has been disconnected from the network, what are the actions that Avast (the app) will take.
None, as it's not possible anymore.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: Phone stolen - battery dead already - already have replacement phone
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 03:35:58 AM »
Soon other words my phone is open for anyone to look at? I thought once they take the Sim card out (if they do) it force you to enter a password to open the phone? Correct?  Would it do the same that it's not connected to a network?