Author Topic: F/P hxxp://sd.symcd.com  (Read 16770 times)

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
F/P hxxp://sd.symcd.com
« on: July 28, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »
Today, starting to sail by different sites, such as Yahoo mail, Hotmail and more page, jump the same notice of Avast, with that page hxxp://sd.symcd.com blocked by the Web Shield, in any browser

My computer is not infected and also, those pages the open 3 hours ago and not jumping the notice.

It is possible that some streaming update cause these notices

REDACTED

Re: F/P hxxp://sd.symcd.com
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
I just wanted to say that I too am experiencing this with Mozilla Firefox. Same address, same basic profile. It's kind of annoying because I know it's a false positive. I hazarded a guess it might be reacting to how Mozilla handles certificates, but I can't say for sure. Haven't tried it in any other browser.

Offline ultimaninja

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 11:17:22 AM »
I'm getting the same thing with these pop-ups. Though when using things like Netflix, it's jumped up to 8 different pop-ups blocking the same thing.
Tried the exact same sites on google chrome, and nothing at all.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 11:17:26 AM »
You can report a possible FP here: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 11:21:55 AM »
I'm also getting this too. The warnings about sd.symcd.com started about an hour ago while I was surfing. Had been surfing for about an hour already, to usual daily sites I visit.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »
Same thing happens with latest version of Internet Explorer as well. Netflix, Hotmail...etc.

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 11:23:32 AM »
I'm also getting this too. The warnings about sd.symcd.com started about an hour ago while I was surfing. Had been surfing for about an hour already, to usual daily sites I visit.

Idem, in same sites, two early hours and nothing

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 11:27:59 AM »
Mine on a Mac is doing the same thing, while no webpage is up (though google chrome is in the background, nothing is open). It detected Malware alternating randomly between sr.symcd and sb.symcd, 14 times in about 2 minutes. The exact URL I can't copy paste, but its sr.symcd/[random string of characters]. I'm not sure if it is an actual false positive though.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:29:51 AM by ijwalk3r »

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 11:29:44 AM »
Good I found this topic, because I was about to make one regarding this issue. I too have gotten already about 24 in the past 15 minutes while browsing regular sites.
I have reported the issue as a false-positive (there's a link in the pop-up window at the bottom) and so far this has solved the issue.

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »
Good I found this topic, because I was about to make one regarding this issue. I too have gotten already about 24 in the past 15 minutes while browsing regular sites.
I have reported the issue as a false-positive (there's a link in the pop-up window at the bottom) and so far this has solved the issue.

Yes, idem.. the problem seems solved..i guess that with an streaming update

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 11:40:08 AM »
yeah i got this error to it slows down my internet !?       ( hxxp://sd.symcd.com) please help!   :(

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 11:40:36 AM »
7/28/monday I have gotten this sd.symcd.com threat warning several times.  My solution has been to clear history and then restart pc and then restart surfing.  But why does it come back?

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 11:46:03 AM »
On hotmail log in i was getting this message with ss.symcd.com on other sites with sb.symcd.com. Do you guys on hotmail got that with ss?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:50:59 AM by John123 »

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 11:58:46 AM »
Got the warning Object: h t t p://sd.symcd.com when visiting UK newspaper website. Process: IEXPLORE.EXE.

Hopefully a fix soon. 

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 06:07:05 PM »
Booted up my new MacBook Air and got the message 10 times with the exact same string of random numbers and letters afterward, at exactly 8:06 AM PDT today. I was looking at a college website. Nothing is slowed down, and I did a scan and everything turns out peachy keen. Nothing is running slower, and there have been no more warnings since. I'm hoping it's a false positive, that a streaming update (as someone mentioned) may have been the cause of it. But, as a precaution I have e-mailed avast.