Author Topic: Avast issues  (Read 1809 times)

REDACTED

Avast issues
« on: July 30, 2014, 06:53:30 AM »
Two questions, non related to the other.

So I've recently been getting a kernal mode trap error blue screen before my computer restarts, and I'm running a scan right now to try and see if avast can find anything, but so far the solutions I've seen people talking about haven't related to what I have or haven't worked. I have Windows 8.1, a Lenovo laptop. Anyone know about a solution that I could try?

My second question relates to Avast. I got a subscription to avast Internet protection on the sixteenth of this month, only to ask for a refund because I wanted to upgrade to premier, but I didn't buy it until the twenty fifth. It had gone up from 29.99 to 39.99 but that's not the issue. The issue would be that my subscription still shows that it became active on the sixteenth of this month, when I thought my subscription was canceled and then reactivated on the 25th. Any way this can be solved?

Thanks!

REDACTED

Re: Avast issues
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:16:16 AM »
What version of Avast IS are you running? Was this an upgrade or a fresh install?
What other security software do you have on this machine?
When you first got this error, can you correlate it to something you did with the machine (e.g. installing new software, surfing on a site, cleaning something up on your machine and perhaps got rid of a registry)?

For your 2nd question, please contact Avast Sales: https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/27, select your language, follow the prompts.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast issues
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »
You can try this:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1653143/fix-unexpected-kernel-mode-trap-windows-error.html

But it really could help if you tell us the exact error on the bsod.

Another thing you can try is to perform a rollback of the system prior to when the problem started.

And if everything fails, perform a factory reset.

For your second question, create a support ticket.
Explain everything and ask avast if they can do something for you.