Author Topic: Divine souls.exe removed  (Read 7572 times)

REDACTED

Divine souls.exe removed
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:31:45 PM »
   Uuh, I was downloading Divine souls CB client and Avast has removed it :( without it I can't play the game. Can anyone confirm please that this file really is suspicious or false positive, because if it's really "Win32:malware-gen" how Avast determined it, then I won't play this game. I need quick answer please, game starts tomorrow.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Divine souls.exe removed
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:47:37 PM »
where do you download the file from?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:01:25 PM »
from official subagames.com, you need to press Divine Souls there.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 01:16:29 PM »
use the contact form to report it to avast as a possible false positive:
www.avast.com/contact-form.php

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 01:29:51 PM »
but how can I submit the file from this form because I don't have it anymore, should I do this form anyway? though I submitted the file from Avast quarantine if this doesn't make difference.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 01:43:31 PM »
Sounds the heuristics messed up, you could just disable Avast, exclude the file and re-enable Avast.

Unfortunately heuristics is what most AVs rely on, given the amount of codes created every day. But they often mess up.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:46:00 PM by Anasazi »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »
well here's the link  https://subagames.com/DivineSouls/WelcomeCB.aspx  but first you need to register on subagames.com and also have CB key to redeem there which isn't hard to find on internet on different mmo sites, there are those sites names  when you go to that link or you can google for divine souls beta key.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 01:50:52 PM »
but how can I submit the file from this form because I don't have it anymore, should I do this form anyway? though I submitted the file from Avast quarantine if this doesn't make difference.
good .....

if you right click avast tray icon and pause shields, then you can download it again  (dont run it)
then upload and test file at  www.virustotal.com   if tested before, click new scan
post link to scan result here

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
Anasazi it maybe false positive but also I know that many online games come with viruses and I don't want to risk and slow down my PC.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 01:54:46 PM »
Is that so..

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 01:55:14 PM »
but can I trust virustotal? this file is new, there may not be much information...

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 02:02:25 PM »
Virustotal will probably only show you heuristics.. you have three options, either have someone reverse it (probably won't happen for a long time unless you know someone who can do it with good results), or you can just run the file and hope for the best. Lastly you could play the game using a virtual machine, I imagine this game can't take up much resources..

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »
thanks for advice Anasazi but I don't use virtual machine now. I tried to upload it to virustotal.com but file is large and it didn't allow me.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 02:34:49 PM »
thanks for advice Anasazi but I don't use virtual machine now. I tried to upload it to virustotal.com but file is large and it didn't allow me.
how big is the file?

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »
1.23 gb