Author Topic: Avast! Free registration is driving me crazy  (Read 7386 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast! Free registration is driving me crazy
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 04:29:01 PM »
So, I'm having similar problems with registration, but I have no idea what you are talking about in relation to MVPS host files. How do I find disable that file so I can try to register? Thanks!

If you don't know what the MVPS host file is (as it is something that has to be specifically installed), it is unlikely that you have it or that particular issue is what you are experiencing.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »
OK. So here is what's happened to me.

1. I open avast on my laptop. It says I have 29 days remaining to register. (This exact same problem is happening on my desktop, but my registration expired on my desktop today. I'm hoping that if I can figure out how to register on my laptop, then I'll be able to do the same on my desktop when I get home from work today.)

2. I click the register button, and Avast ask that I register with Facebook, or name and e-mail. If I try name and e-mail, the software says that my e-mail is connected to my Facebook account, and I must login via Facebook.

3. I proceed to login via Facebook, and avast redirects me to the my.avast.com homepage.

That's it. I never get registered. I've also registered via the avast website and tried to enter the license that Avast sent, but the software says the license that Avast sent isn't valid.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:14:21 PM by Joshua18 »

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 06:12:26 AM »
same thing for me :'(