Author Topic: WiFi Block  (Read 1871 times)

REDACTED

WiFi Block
« on: August 26, 2014, 01:14:36 AM »
Hi All. Any help with this would be gratefully received...Ive got a brand new unlocked Motorola Moto G running KitKat, Im a long term user of Avast Antivirus and have used it on all my PCs for years, and as such have installed it on my Mobile phone, problem is that it is blocking my connection to WiFi at home, as soon I try to connect , Authentication fails and a sign appears.."Avast is blocking your WiFi connection.   I have been into Avast settings but cannot find any relevant setting to "Allow" WiFi. Thanks.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: WiFi Block
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:38:42 AM »
Hi,

I'm pretty sure that's not coming from the Mobile Security product. Are you sure you are not running any betas or such on your PC(s) in your home network?

Filip

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »
Something on the phone specifically named Avast as the blocker. I will uninstall avast and see what happens. Cheers

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 11:30:28 PM »
Thanks for your help Filip, you  were right, turns out it was not the Avast, so I have re-installed it.....I dunno why a message telling me Avast was blocking the WiFi but it did flash it up. Turned out to be WiFi was on low battery optimisation settings to save power, must be set at that from the factory as I found lots of other Moto G users having the same problem when I searched online.  Many Thanks anyway Filip I appreciate it, your reply sent me off in the right direction from the start..keep it up....Cheers
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:33:02 PM by paul.bartley »