Author Topic: What the hell is wrong with avast these days  (Read 6487 times)

Offline Tia

Re: What the hell is wrong with avast these days
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 06:42:39 AM »
  I then had to pay the 179.00 for technical support.     
No .... you dont HAVE to do it ....... and forum help here is free
avast phone support is not done by avast but a third party company ..... posted a million times here. Something you would have found out using a forum search

A million times and a million complaints. Makes me wonder why Avast keeps using them. All that wondering makes me think that perhaps Avast does get a cut of those shady support deals.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 04:41:41 PM »
I'm having a similar problem with my avast. I recently installed avast internet security. One day suddenly it got turned off. I re installed it and it started working again . Next day i was running a boot scan and in between some virus was found but avast was not able to delete it. I turned on my OS and found it was not working. Even if i turn it on few seconds later something turns it off. And also i was not using any other antivirus or firewall with it. Now I've installed COMODO firewall and then tried turning avast on. Initially there was some problem but now its on. But cant update it now

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »
Next day i was running a boot scan and in between some virus was found but avast was not able to delete it.
there usually is a logical explanation, but since you give no info we cant even guess

how to recive help instructions.  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
when done, somone will assist you

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 09:16:17 PM »
firstly thanks for removing that post of that guy trying to be a smart ass, saves me replying.

but on the avast front everything is ok after a couple of days, maybe the avast clear thing solved my problem, i will report back if anything crops up