Author Topic: Win-32:Malware-Gen  (Read 1661 times)

REDACTED

Win-32:Malware-Gen
« on: September 05, 2014, 06:40:22 PM »
2 Threats has been detected while scanning my external hard drive and I can't fix it, delete it or do anything about it because it says Error:the operation is not supported...42111.

File Name                                                                                                                                      Severity                               Status                                        Result
F:\backups\Desktop\drp14\Drivers\DP_Touchpad_Others_14032.7zl>WinAll\ETouch\3.0setup.data        High                Threat:Win-32:Malware-Gen       Error:the operation is not supported...42111
F:\backups\Desktop\drp14\Drivers\DP_Touchpad_Others_14032.7zl>WinAll\ETouch\3.0setup.data        High                Threat:Win-32:Malware-Gen       Error:the operation is not supported...42111

Someone please help me I just reformatted my PC because the virus kinda broke my motherboard and kinda malfunctioned my USB ports and was fixed thanks to the reformat but my backup files in my external hardware has this virus and I can't seem to delete it but I kinda copy and pasted my steam files which aren't located in the desktop folder so I was wondering if my steam files will have a virus because right now I am copy pasting this to my newly reformatted PC.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Win-32:Malware-Gen
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 07:47:51 PM »
it is inside a compressed backup ....  if you dont need it, right click file and delete
if you need it, unzip and scan folder