Author Topic: A few problems with antithieft  (Read 1465 times)

REDACTED

A few problems with antithieft
« on: September 21, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »
Hi,
I've noticed a few problems in the application antithieft:
1. Can't take a photo via webpanel over WiFi network. It works only when my phone have turned off WiFi and I use the mobile network connection.
2. Can't take picture using the front camera even if I use the mobile connection. It shows me "Error while taking a photo: Fail to connect to camera service."
3. "Password Check" doesn't work properly. It's ok when "Take picture" option is unchecked. But if it's turned on:
 a) If checkbox "Mark as lost" is also selected it doesn't work anymore. After the 3rd attempt to enter a wrong password application does not do anything! It doesn't take picture or even doesn't mark it as lost... The only reaction is that it mutes the ring tone on my phone and blocks the ability to change media volume. (I don't know why)
 b) If only "Take picture" is checked there's the same with muting volume and it also sends information to webpanel "Password check violated: Unfortunately, your take-a-picture request could not be performed due to an unknown error."
4. The siren is playing only once. The sound is not repeated even if the siren is still activated.

Thanks for help

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III
Android: 4.4.4
Root: Yes
Antithieft version: 3.0.7118

REDACTED

Re: A few problems with antithieft
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 03:58:08 AM »
same here, avast , do sth !

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: A few problems with antithieft
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »
1]
Sounds logical to me. The web portal is not on your network and therefor can't use your wifi connection.

2]
Looks to me it uses the camera that is set as default on the phone.
I don't know if it is possible to change that remotely.

As for 3 and 4, I can't check it here.
Someone else may look into it and shine a light on it.