Author Topic: No alerts from Local Scanners  (Read 4404 times)

James007

No alerts from Local Scanners
« on: August 09, 2005, 12:34:43 PM »
Hi,

i've tested my newly deployed server-agents with the eicar-test-file. When I scan the folder on the server that contain the test-file a pop-up appears that a virus was found - perfect. The events also get logged in the ADNM-Console, but no SMTP-Alerts were sent.

When I right-click the topic "Local Scanners" in the tree navigation and select "Alerts". all my predfined alerts are listed as "available alerts" and not as "used alerts". I'm unable to change the settings because it's greyed-out.

I use ADNM 4.6.378

Battleship

Re: No alerts from Local Scanners
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 05:31:11 AM »
Well you should make them "used alerts".  Go to the on-access scanning task section and then right click on the task you use for that group.  Go to properties and then at the bottom you'll see alerts.  That's where you can make it used and it should work.

James007

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 07:40:56 AM »
Thanks for this advice, but I have already done this. At the default on-demand scanning task I put the available alerts to the used alerts section. But in the local scanner task the alerts are still in "available alerts".

Regards...

Battleship

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »
ok I see.  Its like that too for the on-access scanners when you look under the sessions area.  I don't think that in itself means you won't get the alerts.  If you go under the computer catalog and right-click the group the computer is in and go to properties...if you go to local scanners in there is the check box checked for report on infected files from local scanners?  And if so is the smtp above that setup correctly?

James007

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 10:51:33 AM »
Yeah!!!
No everything is fine!!!

It was my fault - i have accidental inserted a blank in front of the SMTP server address, after removing this blank....  8)

Very good - Thanks a lot!!!