Author Topic: Sudden High CPU Usage  (Read 2549 times)

REDACTED

Sudden High CPU Usage
« on: October 03, 2014, 04:30:23 AM »
Hello all,

Just like to ask on the following, I have a Samsung S4 (I9505) running on 4.3 Samsung stock rom and unrooted. I have recently upgraded Avast mobile security to 3.0.7863.

Last night both Avast mobile security and whatsapp took up 100% cpu time and caused the phone to become hot. Restarting the phone didnt seem to help as it continued to run at 100% cpu. I then forced stop both apps and everything went back to normal. When I then restarted the phone again an hour later,all seemed ok.

I dont have any logs but some screenshots attached to show the high cpu usage where both apps seem to be peaking 100% for almost an hour

Will monitor and see what happens however is there anything i should do for now?

Thank you.

REDACTED

Re: Sudden High CPU Usage
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:18:05 AM »
Confirmed.

Samsung GT-I9505 (Android 4.4.2) + Avast Mobile Security 3.0.7863=> Hot CPU, reported by Clean Master.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 03:25:50 PM »
Having similar issue:

Model: GT-I9505
Android: 4.4.2
Avast!: 3.0.7864

CPU runs very hot for extended periods of time and CPU monitor highlights the Avast process as consuming the majority. A reboot seems to clear this for some time, but usually it ramps up again at some point.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »
Well, we build an app which does nothing, but has avast in its name and guess what - clean master reported it by same way as you are reporting; please try to use another benchmark or just look into the device via adb (top command) and in the case the CPU usage is still high, try to turn of the Settings/CPU wakelock. If it does not help, please report here. Thanks!!