Author Topic: Safezone doesn't work  (Read 1935 times)

REDACTED

Safezone doesn't work
« on: October 03, 2014, 11:09:04 AM »
I've recently upgraded from the free version to Pro. Having had my bank account skimmed by fraudsters I wanted the additional security provided by Safezone.

However, this has never worked and having gone through everything suggested by tech support (who were very helpful), including a software patch, it still doesn't work. I've entered bank URL's into Safezone but when I go to that URL Safezone doesn't open. I'm using Firefox on Windows 7 PRO, if that makes any difference?

I can open Safezone manually but that's pointless - I've got to remember to open it before clicking on a bank account! And as I'm dipping into accounts quite often that just won't happen. I simply want it to open when I try to access my bank accounts and keep the details hidden from hackers.

Although tech support tried, but failed, to sort it during which time I spent hours on it, I eventually gave up and asked for a refund. As I'd been using the free version for years and had only upgraded for the added security of Safezone I intended to return to the free version. However, since my request several weeks ago I've heard nothing more!

I've got a faulty item that they can't fix but they don't refund my money! Not good enough Avast.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: Safezone doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 04:28:10 PM »
Thanks for that Asyn.

However, the refund request was acknowledged on 15th Sept. so it's either been overlooked or it takes considerably longer than a 'maximum of 15 days' as stated in the link.

I'd rather have a fully working SafeZone but that didn't look is if that was even on the horizon, hence the refund request. Now I don't know which will be quicker though  - an update for SafeZone or a refund! But as it's an annual licence I suppose I could wait another 11 months until I'm technically out of pocket!