Author Topic: Open this lol,  (Read 2836 times)

GhosTT

Open this lol,
« on: August 10, 2005, 07:38:34 AM »
Owned my first pc for 16-17 months.....
It came with Norton....

Tell me if right or wrong......
Dumped Norton before it expired,,replaced with AVAST

Have explored all options, with AVAST,
Was worried about a free program, but......

Using AVAST as only anti-virus now,

Seems great as my only anti-virus,
Is it better than the others, seems to be, but my skills are limited.

{I also use....spybot, adwarese,and sywareblaster.}

MFB

Re: Open this lol,
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 07:56:22 AM »
At my area, they're now offering to install Norton Antivirus onto your new PC.  I'm glad I got my PC before they had this offer.  Well if you want to keep Norton untill the subscription is expired, you can go ahead.  However, Norton does take alot of resources and it's hard to unistall.  If you had to pay for Norton, you might as well stick with Norton till it's expired cause you don't want to waste your money for nothing.   8)

GhosTT

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 02:07:18 AM »
LOL Fixer,yer so right....

Dumped Norton,
Only using AVAST,and..........
Was amazed how hard it was to totally clean Norton out of system, now wonder it is a resource hog, it hides itself EVERYWHERE lol.

Here is the funny, I did finally hunt down and dump all of Norton, took forever, like cockroaches,...but then,Hard drive crashed. Replaced it, so know no Norton in here now lol.

Advice to others, if you uninstall Norton with add/remove programs, trust me,that was the tip of the Norton iceberg.

You got to dig deep to clean it out!

PigDog

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 02:27:13 PM »
Seems that just about all machines from large suppliers come with Norton trial pre-loaded these days.  I've uninstalled Norton and replaced it with Avast! on no less than four machines for friends in the last six months. 

If you follow the uninstall instructions on Nortons website there is no problem and nothing gets left behind.

PigDog