Author Topic: New features request.  (Read 1591 times)

REDACTED

New features request.
« on: October 18, 2014, 09:12:48 AM »
Don't know if there's been a topic like this one, sorry if there has been but nothing that I've seen recently.

Let's get started.

One feature that we could benefit from while searching for a STOLEN (not lost) phone is turning on the location settings only, not GPS and location. This will let us get an approximate location and get closer to the phone (without triggering the GPS notification), and then when in the area, the GPS can be activated to get the exact location.

Often the location, which is based on the cell and wifi signals, can get a pretty good accuracy when in the urban areas of the cities, often less than 20 meters accuracy, which is pretty good. GPS location can go into the single digit accuracy while in the open areas (not inside the buildings).

REDACTED

Re: New features request.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 09:18:35 AM »
Or, as an option, if we get the GPS (or location) OFF command, that will be pretty good too. Get the device's location, switch it off, get there and turn it on again. May not work if the device is on a move though, then turning all the location options ON will be the best bet.
The smart thief would turn it off and if noticing that it's back on (it's clearly visible from the pull down menu of the notification bar), he/she may switch the phone off.

REDACTED

Re: New features request.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 02:15:30 PM »
I've been testing my device (Note 3) and if it location is determined from the WIFI/Cell towers, it switches everything back off afterwards, however if the location is based on GPS, then it leaves everything on. Would be nice if it switches everything back off in either case.

There's a Track Device option for those who wish to have a constant tracking, or like I mentioned in the 2nd post, the OFF option would work too.