Author Topic: Avast Mac Security 2015 v10.0 does not update automatically  (Read 5187 times)

REDACTED

Avast Mac Security 2015 v10.0 does not update automatically
« on: October 31, 2014, 07:38:57 PM »
I have an iMac running OS X Yosemite (version 10.10) and Avast Mac Security 2015 version 10.0 (43029).

I have noticed that it no longer automatically updates the Avast definitions or programme.

I am not sure if this is since Avast updated to its current version, or if it is since I updated my Mac to Yosemite, but it is a fairly recent issue.

It is not the case that there simply had not been any updates - there were, it just did not download them automatically. If I have had no updates for a few days, and open Avast so that I can manually update it, I can see from the update log that there have been daily updates in between that I have not received.

I have also noticed that manually updating requires entering my Mac's password every time, into a window prompt that always says "Avast is trying to install a new helper tool...".
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 07:42:10 PM by MonkeyButler »

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast Mac Security 2015 v10.0 does not update automatically
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »
I have an iMac running OS X Yosemite (version 10.10) and Avast Mac Security 2015 version 10.0 (43029).

I have noticed that it no longer automatically updates the Avast definitions or programme.

I am not sure if this is since Avast updated to its current version, or if it is since I updated my Mac to Yosemite, but it is a fairly recent issue.

It is not the case that there simply had not been any updates - there were, it just did not download them automatically. If I have had no updates for a few days, and open Avast so that I can manually update it, I can see from the update log that there have been daily updates in between that I have not received.

This is strange. Can you create a support package from the Avast -> Help menu and send it to my email?

I have also noticed that manually updating requires entering my Mac's password every time, into a window prompt that always says "Avast is trying to install a new helper tool...".

This is OK. The message is displayed when you request "long term authorization" from the system
and is "hardcoded" in OS X itself, we can't change it.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 08:28:19 PM »
Hello,

I have the same problem. It does not update even thought the automatic update is checked. If you need another support package download let me know. Always glad to help.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »
Hello,

I have the same problem. It does not update even thought the automatic update is checked. If you need another support package download let me know. Always glad to help.

As we did not get anything from MonkeyButler (yet), a support package from a computer with this
issue would be highly appreciated.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 12:42:01 AM »
Sorry Tumic! The forum tells me my Support package is too Large to attach to a post. Can you give me an email address to send it to. Thanks!

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 09:25:50 AM »
Just click on my profile :-)