Author Topic: Does anybody used Bandizip : All-In-One Free Zip Archiver [SOLVED]  (Read 11437 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
G'day all,

I've been using 7-Zip for a long time v9.22 beta and I would like to know how good is Bandizip : All-In-One Free Zip Archiver or shall I stick with 7-Zip.

Bandizp Website: hxxp://www.bandisoft.com/bandizip/

Ta ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:09:00 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Re: Does anybody used Bandizip : All-In-One Free Zip Archiver
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 02:48:18 PM »
Never used 7-Zip or BandiZIP. I use WinRAR, which I've been using for 6 years now.

I do believe the developpers of BandiZIP are alsothe devs of BandiCam, which is a fantastic program. If they are they same devs, BandiZIP should be pretty good.
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 04:55:03 PM »
I am using Bandizip as default program and portable 7-Zip for some stuff.
For my needs Bandizip is great.
You can try portable version of Bandizip and if you like it, then you can install it.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »
I've been using 7-Zip for quite a while. Since it works I'm going to stick with it.

If it works, don't fix it!
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 05:17:55 PM »
I've been using 7-Zip for quite a while. Since it works I'm going to stick with it.

If it works, don't fix it!

Snap - I have been using 7-zip for a considerable time and it does everything that I need of a zip program. So I haven't gone looking for a replacement.

The thing that you would have to ask yourself is does bandizip bring any other functionality to the table that you A) need (which isn't in 7-zip) and B) you can't do without. I suspect the answer to both may be no, otherwise you would have been looking for a replacement for 7-zip some time ago.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 06:16:15 PM »
As DavidR says, 7-zip has all that functionality you need. Still with 7-zip and used it for years and years and years.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 08:05:41 PM »
Have stayed with 7 Zip for some time now as well. ;)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 03:06:48 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Para-Noid, DavidR, polonus and schmidthouse for those who still currently using 7 Zip, and I say I agree with you  as DavidR said 7-zip has all that functionality you need and I'll stick with 7-zip.

I was just worried that 7 Zip hasn't been updated since 2010 final release version while I'm still currently using v9.22 beta as Para-Noid said 'If it works, don't fix it!' ;)

Thank you 8) :)
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

REDACTED

Re: Does anybody used Bandizip : All-In-One Free Zip Archiver [SOLVED]
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 03:18:12 AM »
I'm another satisfied 7-Zip user. I use it a lot to extract and install updated addons to my games.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 11:10:15 AM »
+1 to 7-zip...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Para-Noid, DavidR, polonus and schmidthouse for those who still currently using 7 Zip, and I say I agree with you  as DavidR said 7-zip has all that functionality you need and I'll stick with 7-zip.

I was just worried that 7 Zip hasn't been updated since 2010 final release version while I'm still currently using v9.22 beta as Para-Noid said 'If it works, don't fix it!' ;)

Thank you 8) :)

You're welcome.

I wouldn't worry about the update issue, a file compression algorithm once formulated (and works) there isn't much in the way of updates required - unless they add some further functionality or somehow manage to improve compression, updates are few and far between.

Though why they haven't put one of the beta releases as the stable regular release is beyond me, as all of the betas have been very stable.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 04:33:03 PM »
So, I don't know if it's avast! going haywire on virussign, but BandiZIP is quite slow. I'll try uncompressing the same same folder with Avast! Disbaled.
VOLUNTEER

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 04:46:11 PM »
So, I don't know if it's avast! going haywire on virussign, but BandiZIP is quite slow. I'll try uncompressing the same same folder with Avast! Disbaled.

OK, so results are back..

If Avast! is running, blocking the threats, take 6-7 minutes. Without avast!, 10seconds.. Drastic improvement +1 for Bandisoft.
VOLUNTEER

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 05:35:26 PM »

OK, so results are back..

If Avast! is running, blocking the threats, take 6-7 minutes. Without avast!, 10seconds.. Drastic improvement +1 for Bandisoft.
So what you're saying is that BandiZip is not very compatible with Avast.

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 05:54:49 PM »
Assuming you're inzipping known malicious files, yes.
VOLUNTEER