Author Topic: Tech Support  (Read 1545 times)

REDACTED

Tech Support
« on: November 08, 2014, 03:42:41 PM »
Had a virus on my computer yesterday the 7th of Nov.  Had to contact tech support and had to renew another year of support for $143 before I talked to support.  A tech by the name of Dan was assigned to fix my computer.  After about 2 hours or so he said he was done. But he is a far cry from being so.  I have had a tech work on my computer in the past with NO problems.  But this time for some reason I lost my internet connection and cant' get it back.  Plus I lost the ability to open several other programs.  The big loss is my genealogy file containing over 15 different files and photos and over 20 plus years of work.  Due to the fact that I can't even get online there is no way of contacting tech support and them getting back online to fix it now.  I am open for any and ALL suggestions as to how to handle this.  I dare say I am wondering if in fact he did get the virus deleted as he said.  Since the internet was working until he rebooted the computer when he was done.  That is when the ability to get online ended.

REDACTED

Re: Tech Support
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 04:09:42 PM »
Not that you should have lost your work, but...

You have decades of effort into something and have been making no backups?

You might want to check into starting to do so.

-Noel

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Tech Support
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 04:11:05 PM »
1) Contact nekvapil [at] avast [dot] com and relate to him in great detail your experience.
2) In the future please use our malware removal experts here on the forums.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=4.0
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.