Author Topic: avast and digital river  (Read 19182 times)

REDACTED

avast and digital river
« on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:18 AM »
I paid for a subscription to avast through digital river. I used paypal to purchase my subscription to avast on july 11 2014. avast said, they don't any proof that I paid for my subscription, I have the the proof.

Be careful when you buy from avast >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: avast and digital river
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 09:02:14 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
I paid last week via Paypal/Digital River. I cancelled almost at once due to technical problems which weren't solvable without paying $179 extra (according to the tech support guy who had control of my computer for a while). I submitted a ticket for a refund.

Since then I've had an email saying that as payment hadn't been received they (AVAST) were cancelling my order - not that I ever was able to install the product. So I have no received no product and have paid almost £50. Where did my money from Paypal go????

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 05:41:44 PM »
Contact either Paypal or http://www.digitalriver.com/
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »
Seems I'm reading more and more instances of these posts
"Payment hasn't been received" while users have payment proof.
Something seems not aligned in the process.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 06:09:53 PM »
Yes, and then when I follow the link to Digital River and enter my order number (copied and pasted from the email from them that said my order was cancelled) Digital River say that the order number can't be found. Another dead end. God help me, I'll never use this company again! How can it be this difficult to get a refund on an order which was cancelled without even being able to install the product???

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »
Hi everyone,
I sympathise, as I'm having the same problem (renewed, money taken from bank a/c and ... no Avast!).
I, too, have tried getting onto the sales/payment website. Several times. Access blocked by their refusal to recognise my email as valid. Odd, that, very: they've managed to send me messages to exactly that email address ...
Have raised ticket for refund. But not holding my breath. Guess they've discovered a handy scam, here.
What else can we do?

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 08:11:06 PM »
Does someone from Avast read these forums? This sort of service is totally unacceptable, it's looking very dishonest too.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 08:27:17 PM »
Does someone from Avast read these forums? This sort of service is totally unacceptable, it's looking very dishonest too.

Yes.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 08:34:04 PM »
Digital River is a third party company with big name clients.
The problem is not with avast. The blame goes to Digital River.
Something is screwed up there. If you paid with Paypal or debit
card search your email for a receipt. That way you will have proof of purchase.
Don't forget to print it out for a hard copy.

http://www.digitalriver.com/clients/
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 06:49:23 PM »
Oh great.  I got scammed too!!!

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »
Don't forget to untick the auto-renewal box.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 08:49:55 PM »
I recently Renewed my Avast Premier Installation on my XP for another year through the GUI Store.
The process was flawless and the "Auto Renew" link was located in the Top left part of the Order Confirmation Form and is ticked by Default.
Unfortunately, you cannot see the Auto Renewal BOX (ticked) unless you click on the Auto Renewal link. :-\

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 09:52:49 PM »
I recently Renewed my Avast Premier Installation on my XP for another year through the GUI Store.
The process was flawless and the "Auto Renew" link was located in the Top left part of the Order Confirmation Form and is ticked by Default.

Unfortunately, you cannot see the Auto Renewal BOX (ticked) unless you click on the Auto Renewal link. :-\

I too would say it should be more in the open - many people might see that Auto Renewal Link and not click it for obvious reasons, I think. My assumption (I know assumption) they probably think it/they will end up with auto renewal, rather than get to a location where they can uncheck auto renewal.

So here we go again with the opt-out cr4p, hidden from view unless they click another action. As I keep saying it all such choices should be opt-in.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 10:34:47 PM »
I Absolutely agree, as many others we've read agree; this has got to be changed to Opt In.
If a user is not keeping up with issues here on the forum, and was not totally aware to 'look for auto Renewal choice' it would go unseen.
Again, wreaks of desperation/pressure selling. :-[
I do not purchase software if I can't find and confirm that No Auto Renewal will not take place.