Author Topic: printing a scan log in avast free?!  (Read 4253 times)

REDACTED

printing a scan log in avast free?!
« on: November 13, 2014, 04:11:59 AM »
This should be a simple thing. But I can't figure it out. I know how to open the History, and see a detailed report, etc. But I can't figure out how to print or copy/paste it?! there is a log folder with all sorts of logs, but I apparently am not finding the correct one. How do I print a detailed report of a scan log??

I'm referring to scheduled scan logs, of course, not real-time scanning. Real time scanning reports are easily located in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\report folder\avastreport.txt. Despite the settings, full system scans, Quick scans, Boot-time scan reports, which have detailed reportsshowing lists of files that could not be scanned are not being appended to the avast report.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:38:05 AM by albalyII »

Offline merckxist

Re: printing a scan log in avast free?!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 08:03:22 PM »
Are you referring to the append/overwrite option in the Settings\Report file page? I believe that only appends to the report file for the specific scan. That is, if you schedule a given scan to run each week, the latest scan report is just added the end of the file that contains the previous week's run. What is the specific name of the file you referenced in "appended to the avast report" where you expected the results to appear?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »
The scan report file is for each different scan, and the report file settings are within the individual scans settings, e.g. Quick scan, Full system scan, etc.

First you have to enable the report (Generate report file), you can change the file name, but I would advise leaving the * as that takes the name of the scan as the file name.

Next you can change the content of the report file as by default it only reports on Infected items and Hard errors - from what you are asking you would need to check the Skipped items. If you check the others options, this report file is going to get very large.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 08:51:03 PM »
The file path is c:\programdata\avast software\avast\report

For future reference copy/paste into notepad and save as a text document (txt).
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 09:00:07 PM »
The file path is c:\programdata\avast software\avast\report

For future reference copy/paste into notepad and save as a text document (txt).

Given that the OP posted he had checked "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\report , he is using XP. So your location won't be found.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security