Author Topic: multiple computers.. same key or additionals needed  (Read 5433 times)

rough

multiple computers.. same key or additionals needed
« on: August 28, 2005, 07:30:43 PM »
i have 5 computers in my house and am liking the avast home since it seems resource friendly and complete... my question i have 4 additional computers at home (kids/spouse/laptop).. can i use the same serial key or do i need a new key for each computer, and if a new key is needed how do i get them using the same email address?? thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: multiple computers.. same key or additionals needed
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 07:33:29 PM »
you can use the same key for them if you comply to the requirements for a home user.

ps:
Things like this have been asked and answered before on this board.
Please use the search option before asking.

rough

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 07:35:29 PM »
i used the search ... and only found one entry.. but it was dated.. thus wanted a recent reply.. thanks

risby

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 05:14:07 PM »
I have the pro version @ home.  but when I put the pro version on my other computer the site key doesn't work.  What I'm I doing wrong?  many thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 05:37:06 PM »
Firstly you should only be using the Pro license on one computer.

However, that shouldn't be an issue at that point only later when you try to connect for updates as then the key is validated, so it may be that then a key with multiple installations would be detected, etc.

Are you trying to transfer to another computer an uninstalling the other avast pro version ?

What is the exact error message ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 06:17:57 PM »
I have the pro version @ home.  but when I put the pro version on my other computer the site key doesn't work.  What I'm I doing wrong?  many thanks

Please, post the last 100-150 lines of avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Setup.log
The best things in life are free.

risby

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 02:15:56 AM »
Ok, that's what's wrong then.  I thought the pro version could be installed on several computers with in the same network or piggy back ontop of the other one.

I have the pro version on the office computer I was trying to install the same version on my kids computer.

sorry

but many thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 03:16:11 AM »
If it is for home, non-commercial use (for the kids), use the Home version.

Download the latest Home version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again.

Complete the avast! 4 Home Registration form and you will receive an email from register @ avast.com (without the spaces) with your registration key.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 03:17:02 AM »
sorry
but many thanks
No need to be sorry. Living and learning.
Welcome to avast forums.
The best things in life are free.