Author Topic: Cannot use Avast premier since upgrade  (Read 1554 times)

REDACTED

Cannot use Avast premier since upgrade
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:56:28 PM »
My Avast Premier updated itself this morning, but has stopped working with the warning "failed to load language.dll [1033\UILangRes.dll]" and I haven't seen any of the usual updates since then either. I have looked in the Avast folder and the IS a UILangRes.dll, but it is in a folder 2057! Checking the Avast5_2057.chm it is in English. Anyone got a clue where to start? WTF happened? Am I still protected? At the same time but probably not related, I did something to upset internet access, so it's taken me all day to get this far. regards Alan

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Cannot use Avast premier since upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:58:33 PM »
try avast repair

control panel > ad/remove programs > avast > uninstall/change > repair option ..... wait a minute and reboot

any change?

and I haven't seen any of the usual updates since then either.
if you mean VPS update popup/sound ..... removed in lates version, many posts here about it

REDACTED

Re: Cannot use Avast premier since upgrade
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 12:42:42 AM »
Thank you very much for your reply. I've had a most frustrating day and got nothing done. I did try your suggestion but to no avail. I eventually located my licence file and so uninstalled and re-installed and now it seems OK. Unfortunately this wasn't the only thing wrong, as I inadvertently upset the internet connection too.  :-\