Author Topic: Zone Alarm  (Read 22130 times)

Offline Oriour

Re: Zone Alarm
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 03:10:48 AM »
So far no problem here. Did a clean install and not seeing anything wronge thankfully.

emma

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 03:22:29 AM »
After reading the information here, I decided to update to the latest version.  I have never done a clean install as I like to just keep the settings I have.  The install went smoothly, but after about 5 minutes of use there was a crash and message that machine had recovered from major trouble. I sent the info to MS and was sent to their site to read an article saying one of the reasons for a crash had to do with a driver of a new firewall.  This happened twice.  I then uninstalled and installed my earlier version.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 06:29:32 PM »
I updated to the new "final" (as opposed to beta) .667 this morning, with no major programs.  My only real objection is that this time around (or maybe in the past too, but didn't notice it then) they strongly urge a "clean install", which means program permissions and other settings have to be done from scratch.

New version doesn't (yet) seem to recognize Cookie Pal, simply blocked it without even asking (and it's not even on the program list as blocked, oddly), I had to add it manually.  Not a big deal while browsing, since I use Firefox anyway, but CP also handles cookies set up by other internet-related apps like Eudora, ICQ, etc.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Ricky2005

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 07:43:03 PM »
i know what you could do...
uninstall za , reboot ( if you need to ) , run windows for a while if the blue screen still comes on ( if you want to use a firewall while seeing if the blue screen comes back on there's always http://kerio.com which is free) , if the blue screen comes on i dont know but .. i had a blue screen come on before and its real annoying because you can't exit it like you can on win95/win98.

MFB

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2005, 01:51:49 AM »
i know what you could do...
uninstall za , reboot ( if you need to ) , run windows for a while if the blue screen still comes on ( if you want to use a firewall while seeing if the blue screen comes back on there's always http://kerio.com which is free) , if the blue screen comes on i dont know but .. i had a blue screen come on before and its real annoying because you can't exit it like you can on win95/win98.

Ricky, this is a bug from the latest Zone Alarm update, I've confronted with this thing for 4-6 hours and I'm not gonna waste anymore time on this thing until I get some response from Zone Lab.  For now I'm sticking with the early version until someone from Zone Lab respond.  Thanks for your help though. :)

MFB

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2005, 02:01:24 AM »
Alright if you are recieving the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) when using the latest Zone Alarm update, go here:

Click here

parachutestx

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2005, 08:42:26 PM »
I did notice after upgrading to the latest version of ZA security suite its a bit slower at startup ?