Author Topic: How long does it take...  (Read 6411 times)

REDACTED

How long does it take...
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:56:42 AM »
...to respond to a ticket usually? I made one last Tuesday and it still hasn't been addressed by support.

It was filed as a customer ticket under billing, so four star urgency(?) I think they labeled it. Did I file it wrong?

Text in ticket is as follows:

"Like the subject says, I purchased a 1-year license for Avast! Premier. However, what I received was a license for secureline. When I made the purchase, the page with the download had shown I had indeed purchased premier, but the download file wouldn't work. After some searching around on the forums and doing a clean install, I checked my email to re-download my license, seeing as for whatever reason it isn't linked to my Avast! account despite making the purchase while logged in. It was then that I noticed this mix up and would very much like this to be fixed.

I am absolutely positive I clicked on Avast! Premier to purchase, so I have no idea how this happened."

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: How long does it take...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 11:42:48 AM »
1]
Please do not submit a new-/change the current ticket.
It will take you back to the bottom of the stack, making the response time longer.

2]
Currently the ticket system is "overloaded" with duplicate ones because people send in multiple tickets about the same as their first ticket. avast is already working on a better system, but that takes time.

3]
Have patience, it can easily take 14 days before you get a response.
It may help if you post your ticket number in your next reply here.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 12:18:12 PM »
Alright, thanks. Only made one ticket.

Ticket: #RYJ-863-19082

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »
Thanks for mentioning the ticket number.
I hope someone from avast sees it and takes care of it soon.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 02:42:36 AM »
So it's been 14 days and I still haven't received a reply.  :-\

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 03:47:07 PM »
I will PM Vojatech
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 03:28:40 AM »
Thank you. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 01:20:47 AM »
20 days now, I have 10 left on my trial. If this isn't sorted out by then, then I guess I'll be asking for a refund and looking for a different security software provider.

If this is the kind of service I can expect then I am seriously starting to doubt whether or not I wish to stick with Avast!. The community seems friendly and is helpful, but the actual people running the show have yet to turn up. This is really disappointing. :(

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »
20 days now, I have 10 left on my trial. If this isn't sorted out by then, then I guess I'll be asking for a refund and looking for a different security software provider.

If this is the kind of service I can expect then I am seriously starting to doubt whether or not I wish to stick with Avast!. The community seems friendly and is helpful, but the actual people running the show have yet to turn up. This is really disappointing. :(

It is getting annoying. I've reported it to all Mods, asking for an Avast! Team Member to respond in General.
VOLUNTEER

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 08:25:57 AM »
4 Days left, still no response. I guess I'll be giving customer service a call and demanding a refund tomorrow, as my patience is at its end.

Thank you Michael and Eddy for your help, it was much appreciated.

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »
I'm sorry the mods didn't answer you. I would do the same. Demand an answer and refund.
VOLUNTEER

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 05:04:25 AM »
I am having a similar issue. (Secureline got auto-renewed and I didn't want it anymore.)

No response to my ticket either. (#LNH-669-15540 ... Just in case. XP )

I have not been able to get an answer when trying to use the skype link off of the Avast contact page.

Does anyone know if there is a UK number I can ring?

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »
I'm sorry for a delay. I'll check it.
Thank you
Lukas

Even if there isn't any response to your refund request it's been recorded when you receive a message (email) that new support ticket was created. We consider this support ticket a official request for refund. And the "refund date" is counted from the ticket creation date, of course.
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 06:03:02 AM »
Kinfolks 72@sbcglobal.net   ticket#674867 and 668064 for $74.89 and &$42.79 It's been 2weeks I need my refund avast ???? >😡

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 03:52:53 PM »
Kinfolks 72@sbcglobal.net   ticket#674867 and 668064 for $74.89 and &$42.79 It's been 2weeks I need my refund avast ??? ? >😡
Reported to Avast. (Posting your email address on an open forum isn't a good idea. )
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet