Author Topic: Avast 4.6 Pro  (Read 2988 times)

Dalum

Avast 4.6 Pro
« on: September 09, 2005, 07:26:41 AM »

I am trying Avast 4.6 Pro in Windows XP. After browsing I minimized my Avant browser, but 5 minute later my Avant browser running by itself access to http:// teensmegagirls.com and other xxx pages. Then I closed my browser application and tried to scan with avast 4.6, but nothing I found.

I tried to install Trojan remover and do scanning with it. What I found ?. Here..., the file name is "explorer6s4.exe" it stays in system32 folder and also registered in HKLM bla bla bla..  ( I don't remember) but it was somewhere in RUN folder. 

I hope the experts of Avast can find the solution for this annoyance file in the future.

Thank you and bravo AVAST !!!!

Dalum  ;D

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast 4.6 Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 09:20:20 AM »
I'm afraid we can hardly do anything about it without a sample. If you still have the file, you are welcome to send it to virus@avast.com.

timcan

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 11:54:03 AM »
Welcome Dalum, My opinion it sounds like your browser has been hijacked.Did you try spybot sd and/or adaware?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 06:14:04 AM »
Then I closed my browser application and tried to scan with avast 4.6, but nothing I found.
If you run a boot time scanning with avast! (VPS) updated, won't it detect nothing?
If you run an on-line scanning (for instance, www.trendmicro.com), will it detect any infection?
The best things in life are free.