Author Topic: Avast are cheaters  (Read 10833 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast are cheaters
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »
Rahul did you miss this from the post above you?

Your refund was posted to your card on 3 September. Could you please check it with your bank?

Please let me know :)

That post was from Avast. They have sent your refund.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 07:55:58 PM »
Congratulations at least you are getting a refund... but then maybe it really was Avast that you purchased from.  In my case I thought it was Avast but it was not ..................

As has been mentioned here already it is quite possible that some people who have paid for 'Avast' Technical Support may have had a 100% service.

AND it is clear that with all similar 'problem' purchases we only see the tip of the iceberg, there is no reason to believe that AVT is totally rubbish, it depends on the sub-contractor and the techie of the moment.

NO DOUBT their intention is to do a good job but when they fail they should act like any other responsible service and accept responsibility and accept that they should process a refund.

BUT what is TOTALLY CLEAR is that when AVT fails to fully clean a PC 'they' are not at all ready to entertain any request for refund.

My UK credit card company is pursuing a claim to reverse the transaction according to UK law.  I agreed a purchase; the 'product' did not deliver what was sold to me. Within 48hrs I claimed a refund at Avast Customer Care and ever since I've had calls from AVT who just want to say 'you will get no refund'... we'll see as UK law is maybe different from US law in this area.

The FACT that I was asked to tick a multi-page agreement while under pressure online with a sick PC will not stand up in the UK when checked by Trading Standards or a court of law.

The FACT that I was offered a one-time fix at $79 but was encouraged to go for 1 Year cover at $179 and am now not even offered a partial refund back to the one-time fix charge demonstrates what a rip-off bunch at least one of the non-Avast Technical Support operators can be.

The FACT that the real Avast continue to allow 'Avast' Technical Support to hide behind a ticked box online is a very poor statement of the ethics of today's Avast which is a vast pity.

Until recently Avast was a name that we could all rely on.

However, nowadays with Grimefighter and other kitsch that is plugged into Avast, plus the at-times poor performance of Avast contracted third parties who sell themselves as AVAST Technical support, the name of Avast starts to sink into the mire of software companies who try to expand too rapidly just to increase their turnover.. THIS IS BOUND TO LEAD TO THE DECLINE OF THE REPUTATION of AVAST as we have seen with other operators.

I now regret having additionally signed up for 2 years of Avast Internet Support as I no longer have any faith in Avast.

Me stupid?  Well, perhaps.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 02:25:43 PM »
talked to my bank . they didnt recieve any refund from your side.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 03:11:08 PM »
This is not avast you're talking to in this forum. We are just users of the software like you. Sometimes they check in here but if you have something for which you want specific attention you should contact them directly.

In post 14 an individual from Avast named Moroni (you can tell he is from Avast because it states "avast team" under his avatar) stated that your refund was sent, then he concluded by saying "please let me know".

Since you didn't get it - you need to let him know directly.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
cridgejm,
did you create a ticket on the avast website?
If not, you should do so.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 01:26:27 PM »
Hi Eddy -- yes, 3 Avast tickets created and submitted. 
No calls received from Avast but 2 calls received from AVT.
The first was to say 'let's continue - no refund'.
The most recent was to say 'no refund but no renewal'.

The problem is that AVT is not Avast but a sub-contractor and they do not seem to work to the same ethical standard as does the real Avast.

My AVT problem  looks as though it will run until UK credit card law intervenes which will be after 30 days of inaction on the part of AVT.

Can it be that the AVT unit I dealt with has cleaned up its act?  The many reports of poor service that we saw a few weeks back in threads on the Forum are now not so frequent.
If so  then 'well done' Avast but it's about time they sorted out the already regsitered problems.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »
Tickets are processed in FIFO way, each new one send your ticket to the back of the line...
Hope they take this urgently...
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »
am fed up guys am giving up. Avast u SUCK

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 08:45:46 PM »
Rahul,
check how you paid and from what account, because that will be where the refund will be send to.
It looks to me you only checked one bank account, but if you made the payment through another bank account, paypal, credit card or something like that, it can be the money was refunded to that.
You can ofcourse ask avast to what (bank) account the money was transfered to.
I suggest you do so and check if it was received.

cridgejm,
As has been explained over and over again, submitting a new ticket/changing a existing one will put you back to the bottom of the stack. That means it will take more time before you get a response/get helped.
The problem is that AVT is not Avast but a sub-contractor and they do not seem to work to the same ethical standard as does the real Avast.
Indeed, it is a sub-contractor. And (in my opinion) they don't even come close to giving decent help/support. It is always "It is your system that is at fault, but if you pay us now we will solve it"

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »
@rahul5 - we will contact you with detailed description what and where was sent. With transaction number etc. As I understood it might be also helpful to publish a "how to" here as well.

thank you
Lukas
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »
@lucas. how do you plan to contact me? through this thread or my ticket.

yea i checked with the same account i made the payment.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 01:40:05 PM »
Hi Rahul,

We've provided you the reference number of the refund transaction initiated and you just need to come through with that number to your bank directly. It should allow them to find out the re-payment quickly.
We sent it in support ticket as this is very private information that shouldn't be exposed at public forum. If you haven't received the email then please log in to support portal at https://support.avast.com/ (top left corner...).

summary
- Avast offers 30 days refund policy
- contact us at https://support.avast.com/ to record your request
- requests are ordered according to the last post therefore adding a comment every other day actually moves you lower in the queue. Please be patient, we are really trying to do our best however sometimes the process takes a bit of time.
- when you haven't received your money back although you received an announcement from us then let us know. We will find a reference number of the transaction. With this transaction number you have to contact your bank. It's out of our scope to help more because the money already left our bank. However if there is anything we could help we are happy to do it.

thank you
Lukas
Quality is also a feature.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »
Rahul,

just a thought.
If you are able to see your bank transactions online, open that page.
Hold down ctrl and press the F key (the letter).
That should open a search option in your browser.
Search for the reference number or avast.
If everything went as it should, that should show you the refund.

This seems to me much quicker than contacting your bank and have them search for it.