Author Topic: Sound when taking picture  (Read 1922 times)

REDACTED

Sound when taking picture
« on: December 28, 2014, 11:35:22 PM »
Hi, I've a Samsung Tab S 10.5 tablet, running Android 4.4.3. I use Avast Premium, including Anti Theft, latest version.

Regardless whether the tablet is in silent mode or not, if I let the tablet take a picture using the MyAvast website, the tablet makes a camera sound. It seems the mute command to suppress the sound is either too late or not working at all.

How do I disable the camera sound?
Any help much appreciated.

REDACTED

Re: Sound when taking picture
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »
You can not do it instantly without rooting the device or using another application as camera. This is (in some places, depends) a forced option for some countries as a privacy issue - you should have not a possibility to take a photo without being noticed - that is why the sound is there. You can try to search XDA forum or Google and I am sure you will find the solution.

REDACTED

Re: Sound when taking picture
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:47:37 PM »
Both the rooting and privacy argument seems strange. I've a second device, a Samsung Note 2 smartphone. Bought and used in the same country (The Netherlands). With exacly the same Android and Avast configuration. And like the tablet also not rooted. The Note 2 doesn't make a sound, when taking a picture remotely...

Actually, when I send the remote picture command, Avast does mute the tablet when taking a picture. I can see briefly the mute icon, and when f.e. playing music, it does mute all sounds indeed. Except the camera sound itself generates...

This should be fixed in a next release. Or like other omissions and device dependencies (like the black picture using the Tab S 10.5 front camera) made clear to customers prior to buying a subscription.