Author Topic: Windows 7 keeps restarting to Grime Fighter  (Read 4567 times)

REDACTED

Windows 7 keeps restarting to Grime Fighter
« on: December 30, 2014, 05:43:30 AM »
This morning I 'woke' my computer from sleep mode and tried to go online. Within five minutes of turning on my computer, it restarts (uncommanded) to GrimeFighter. I did not have it scheduled to run. I press the x to exit to Windows, it barely loads before it restarts again. This time I let GrimeFighter do it's thing. When it finishes, it boots to Windows, but as soon as the Avast! services are loaded, the computer restarts again to run GrimeFighter.  It will not let me run Windows. I see this product has a lot of issues, so I think I will just uninstall it if it is going to be this way.

REDACTED

Re: Windows 7 keeps restarting to Grime Fighter
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 06:45:02 AM »
Fixed.  Started in Safe Mode, uninstalled everything except the basics for Avast Anti-Virus.  How do I cancel the license for GrimeFighter?  I don't want it renewing on me or anything silly like that.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 02:27:31 PM »
yeah I just started experiencing the same thing, only my system rebooted itself suddenly with no prompting from me. it then kept spontaneously rebooting with every third being into Grime Fighter. I thought something had infected my computer (and I am very paranoid about security). Right before I restored to a known good backup I figured rebooting to Safe Mode and removing Grime Fighter would do the trick and it did.

I am within the refund time...

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 05:52:22 PM »
yeah I just started experiencing the same thing, only my system rebooted itself suddenly with no prompting from me. it then kept spontaneously rebooting with every third being into Grime Fighter. I thought something had infected my computer (and I am very paranoid about security). Right before I restored to a known good backup I figured rebooting to Safe Mode and removing Grime Fighter would do the trick and it did.

I am within the refund time...

You can submit a ticket for a Refund, explaining your situation/issue in detail.
Process for response/resolution can take 10-15 Business days.

Submit a ticket:        https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 03:05:09 AM »
That's fine but I think some type of analysis of the problem and resolution would be preferable for everyone.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 05:05:50 PM »
I have the same problem. Grime Fighter begins very soon after my laptop boots up.  It runs, then restarts my computer, then begins the routine once again over and over! Avast, please help us! I love your software and Grime Fighters but this is not acceptable!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 05:49:39 PM »
Being the Holidays are coming/have come to an end, Hopefully, there will be some support response from an Avast team to your issues soon.
Users have experienced many technical issues all of which can be read about in this Sub-Forum, Also technical support is extremely slow in coming.
If there is no resolution to you specific issue then I suggest you submit a ticket as I have directed in my above/previous post.
Unfortunately, Do not expect response to be immediate