Author Topic: Antitheft password wrong? but that's what I put in?  (Read 1706 times)

Offline mhguda

Antitheft password wrong? but that's what I put in?
« on: January 04, 2015, 02:56:17 PM »
On my tablet, the Android chat app Hangouts triggers Avast antitheft and then Avast antitheft does not recognize the PIN code I enter. I know I am entering the correct PIN but instead of letting me chat, the device just reboots.
To top it all off, the SMS to a registered phone number does not work - the SIM in the device is no longer active, I only use it via WiFi.
How can I correct this problem? Help would be much appreciated.

Offline mhguda

Re: Antitheft password wrong? but that's what I put in?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »
OK I figured it out myself. Was a question of typing too fast for the tablet. When I took my time, really waiting until each digit was hidden by a corresponding asterisk, it did work, and I'm in again. What a pain, though.

REDACTED

Re: Antitheft password wrong? but that's what I put in?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:47:38 PM »
The device protected by Anti-Theft can recieve sms commands via ANY working SIM.  Just take your old SIM out and borrow a working one to put in. Then send your sms commands to the number of the SIM you've just inserted.

The 'only recieve sms commands from friends phone numbers' checked, means it will only ACCEPT sms commands from the 1st and 2nd friend phone numbers.