Author Topic: Yahoo Spam FOLDER Infected ??????? He,he,he.  (Read 2018 times)

REDACTED

Yahoo Spam FOLDER Infected ??????? He,he,he.
« on: January 08, 2015, 08:00:28 AM »
   Wellllllll...hellooooooooo.....It's me again folks.Lookie.....I'm not in any hurry or anything over this.But,it's kind  of starting to irritate me.Just kind of wondering what's going on.Every once in awhile,I'll go to check my spam folder in Yahoo.And,without even opening anything up,Avast pops up this  message that it's blocking some bit of malware !  >:( How's it blocking malware when nothing is being opened ??? 
   Now,I have noticed something tonight that I've never really noticed before also.....I opened the Avast interface and up in the top right hand corner was my email address (shown as a click-able link) and another (unrecognizable) (also click-able) link called "karma1554". Now,In the bottom right hand corner it said "my avast is currently connected to  mycurrentemail@yahoo.com" (With an option to disconnect.I chose to stay connected) BUT ! I DID  tempt fate (I'm kind of like that) and I decided to see what would happen when I clicked on the "karma1554" thing.Guess what ! Nothing ! And,that worries me :( Anybody know what that's all about ? And why Avast is telling me that the Yahoo Spam folder itself is infected with malware ? THAT"S funny !

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Yahoo Spam FOLDER Infected ??????? He,he,he.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 08:14:55 AM »
...(also click-able) link called "karma1554". Now,In the bottom right hand corner it said "my avast is currently connected to  mycurrentemail@yahoo.com" (With an option to disconnect.I chose to stay connected) BUT ! I DID  tempt fate (I'm kind of like that) and I decided to see what would happen when I clicked on the "karma1554" thing.Guess what ! Nothing !
See: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=160021.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 08:19:50 AM »
Hello,
post screenshot of avast's alert window, please.

Milos

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 09:13:40 AM »
And,without even opening anything up
That is not true. You opened that folder.

How do you watch/read the mail on yahoo ?