Author Topic: My Wiko Highway signs (root) is always marked as SIM changed, but it is not...  (Read 2788 times)

REDACTED

Hi,

I installed Anti Theft root today.
Works so far.

After a reboot, without changing the SIM, the phone locks itself as in case of a SIM change.
I can enter the pin and have my phone back then. But that should not happen that way normally, should it?

On my.avast.com the log says SIM change... But I definetely didn't change it.

Is it possible, that there is an issue with the dual SIM function?
Cause, I only use one SIM and in the second slot an Micro SD. Thats the way with the Highway Signs, 2 SIMs or 1 SIM and 1 Micro SD. The micro SD uses the second SIM slot.
After booting the phone it always says that it didn't find a SIM in Slot 2, which is normal...
But perhabs the issue has sth. to do with that? Just an idea...

Can you help me here?

Thanx.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:00:40 PM by Linus_Pauling »

REDACTED

How does avast deal with dual sim phones? i cant seem to find a reference to dual sim devices in the documentation.

I have a Wiko dual sim. I use 2 sims although I dont always have both activated at the same time. If I switch one off and other on, I SOMETIMES get a sim change notification. Both sims have been marked as trusted sims. For info my phone is a (Wiko) Mirrormax A116 with the MERE costom (rooted) ROM (sooo much faster than the stock ROM).

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Spencer,
your question has nothing to do with what the OP posted.
Please start your own thread.

Linus,
I believe this is something for avast to explain.
I will try to get someone from avast to have a look.

REDACTED

Again apologies. I seem to be getting up your nose today.  ;)

I disagree. It seemed the original poster was having similar problems to myself.  The problem described is universal (across the 8 people I know with dual sim).
The first line of my post is enquiring about the exsistence of documentation, covering Avast being installed on dual SIM devices, as I thought it would help the OP and myself understand the problem.