Author Topic: Webmail  (Read 2337 times)

brokenpcs

Webmail
« on: September 25, 2005, 04:27:56 PM »
I put this under a new topic from my 2 questions (date tags & headers). The reason is I think I figured out what my error was. Me!  ;D

You see I thought that webmail would be scanned under Internet Mail not ever dreams of it being scanned under Standard Shield especially if it is set on High.

Therefore my conclusion is that I wouldn't see any headers that would have avast in it. Is this correct in my assumption?

If this is the case then I don't really have a problem well except for gmail which I would have to download and install third party. Though do have a question about gmail if that is the case why is the animation blue (a) ball spinning when I would open an email? Just wondering on that part! Also my ISP account may have the SSL too which would be the reason for it not to have the avast in the header. Is this correct in my thinking?

Hey, I'm still new and learning too!  ;D Thanks for all your help!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Webmail
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 03:02:26 AM »
You see I thought that webmail would be scanned under Internet Mail not ever dreams of it being scanned under Standard Shield especially if it is set on High. Therefore my conclusion is that I wouldn't see any headers that would have avast in it. Is this correct in my assumption?
Yes, Standard Shield at High scans the new files and emails but it will never add a header on the email.

If this is the case then I don't really have a problem well except for gmail which I would have to download and install third party. Though do have a question about gmail if that is the case why is the animation blue (a) ball spinning when I would open an email?
New, temporary files are being created.

Just wondering on that part! Also my ISP account may have the SSL too which would be the reason for it not to have the avast in the header. Is this correct in my thinking?
Again, you should configure your system to have GMail scanned by avast (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=10428.0)
The best things in life are free.