Author Topic: SafePrice not accurate or working properly  (Read 3031 times)

Offline weatherweapons

SafePrice not accurate or working properly
« on: February 12, 2015, 04:03:37 PM »
(This thread is NOT about whether or not SafePrice is spyware or not.  Find other threads for that and keep it OUT of this thread !)

I'm having problems with Safe Price inaccuracies and not working properly.

1. A large percentage of the time it does not compare like models accurately.  Example: you display a product: XXXcompanynameXXX model ABC and Safe Price pops up alerting to a lower price.  When you click the lower price, you find that Safe Price is comparing it to XXXcompanynameXXX model xyz.  Correct brand name, different (wrong) model.

Is there, will there be a fix for this?

2. Safe Price does not pop up and display a price when available.  Real world example: lightroom 5.0 on amazon.  The same product is available on Ebay for less, but Safe Price does not pop up and display that.

Why?  Is there a fix for this?  Will it be fixed?

Thx.

Offline NetGhost

Re: SafePrice not accurate or working properly
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 05:34:24 PM »
Sorry if I have to complain about the same problem. If I'm checking on the German ebay site for cutting discs (example: http://www.ebay.de/itm/100-Trennscheiben-Inox-125-mm-Edelstahl-x-1-0-x-22-23-SB40-/230428541680?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item35a69c82f0 ) SafePrice gives me an alert about 40% cheaper articles. But instead of cutting discs it shows me a bathroom carpet and a trouser.
Generally I like the service. But it should really show the same article and never compare apples and oranges.

Cheers
Stefan

Offline gartkle

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »
+1 for the fix.

I discovered I had the SafePrice toolbar when it suddenly appeared when I was searching for a new fridge freezer last week. It only appears on a supermarket website (and not on any of the other dozen or so sites that Google found the same product on) and to be fair, has worked well for a week or so. Today it found the usual 9 suppliers at similar discounts (21% to 25% off) but top of the list was one for 44% off! I excitedly clicked the link whilst the other hand reached for the credit card but alas, although it was the same brand, it was for a completely different model.

You would think there would be a 'contact us' or 'report a problem' section in the settings but no so that's why I'm here. It would seem after a bit of searching of this site that this is not a new problem but one that has been around for quite some time. Odd because price comparison sites have been around for decades so how come Avast can't get theirs to work properly? (I never had this problem when using pricerunner).

Hopefully someone in Avast actually cares that their price checker is making them look foolish and will damage their hard earned (and deserved) positive reputation.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:15:47 AM by gartkle »

Offline Straydog

Re: SafePrice not working
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 03:05:30 AM »
SafePrice is not working and never worked on any site but Amazon. I couldn't read anything about this on your FAQ or on
Avast Additional products.

This thread was started nearly two years ago, but nobody ever cared to help replying.

Searching, I can't find another thread on this subject, so I believe there is no reason not to post here.

Can you tell me if SafePrice works on other sites, please? It doen't for me, not even eBay. Because internet buying business is world wide, and if we are reduced to one only site, whichever it is...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:59:34 AM by Straydog »

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 06:25:37 AM »
Windows 8.1 [64-Bit] - Avast 17.3.2291.Beta#1 - CCleaner 5.28 [OD] - MCShield [OD] - Firefox ESR 45.8 [NS/uBO] - Thunderbird 45.8 [EM]
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen und Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Straydog

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 11:38:02 PM »
Well, maybe, but for me it only works with a few known shops that sell at reasonable prices, but want a fortune for handling and shipping. So that goods become more expensive. Useless. I will keep this add-on disabled it on my browsers.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. I searched the forum before even with the acronym FAQ without finding. The only five topics index on the FAQ home page are not a great help.

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 06:00:33 AM »
You're welcome.

PS: There's a search option on the FAQ page.
Windows 8.1 [64-Bit] - Avast 17.3.2291.Beta#1 - CCleaner 5.28 [OD] - MCShield [OD] - Firefox ESR 45.8 [NS/uBO] - Thunderbird 45.8 [EM]
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen und Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Malware Finder

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 08:44:37 PM »
Don't install this useless software which gives alternative (cheaper/lower spec) which are obviously cheaper because they are a different model.  This is the sort of software I wanted Avast to alert me to, not install!