Author Topic: "HTML:Iframe-Inf" on two websites, false positive or legit?  (Read 5623 times)

REDACTED

"HTML:Iframe-Inf" on two websites, false positive or legit?
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:17:51 AM »
I decided to go to two websites I frequent everyday and Avast! alerted me with some messages. Luckily, Avast! blocked the potential infection for me (I also use Mbam Premium, Mbae, and Adblock).

So the real question is, what exactly on these two sites is causing this message from Avast? It's disappointing to not be able to read the manga watch the anime on these two sites that I frequent (and have never had a problem with before until now). An answer on if a specific script on the site, whether it be an error in code or a malicious redirect is involved, or if these prompts are just a false positive from Avast! would be appreciated. If they are legit, I just hope the hosts of these two sites fix the issue soon since I know a lot of other people frequent these websites as well.

No.1
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/rising_x_rydeen/c017/10.html
>Specific link: hxxp://www.mangahere.co/banners/mh.prb.300x250m.php|{gzip}

No.2
http://www.animefreak.tv/
>Specific link: hxxp://www.animefreak.tv/|{gzip}
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:11:43 AM by Ophaq »

REDACTED

Re: "HTML:Iframe-Inf" on two websites, false positive or legit?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 02:11:13 AM »
I would like to know as well, been using animefreak for over a year and haven't had any problems.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:14:44 AM »
I would like to know as well, been using animefreak for over a year and haven't had any problems.

Hey man! While we're waiting for a reply, are you having the same problem? And yeah, it sucks. I've been using AF for maybe 5 years as my source for anime.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:33:16 AM »
I am having the same issue as well and I frequent animefreak.tv

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:40:42 AM »
I am having the same issue as well and I frequent animefreak.tv
Okay, it's good to know that others are having the same problem, meaning the hosts will try to make up a fix (hopefully). Did mangahere trigger it for you as well? Just curious, lol. I've visited other manga sites and a few other websites I frequent (just to be sure there aren't even more issues with other sites) and these two seem to be the only two 'targeted' today.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 02:44:03 AM »
Yeh same problem with manga site, though my AMR addon somehow bypasses it and loads the chapter anyway
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:46:29 AM by dragonslayersquest »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 02:48:09 AM »
Yeh same problem with manga site, though my AMR addon somehow bypasses it and loads the chapter anyway
That's fine, it does that for me too. Plus, I've tested that some specific manga bring up the warning (I think) I don't believe the home page of mangahere has triggered it either (yet). Also, another thing to note is that from time to time AnimeFreak has been showing 'connection lost' pages. I'm not sure if that's on their end or something else. XD
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:49:59 AM by Ophaq »

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 10:08:34 AM »
No news?

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 10:34:48 AM »
I haven't gotten a message from mangahere (I just checked), but it might come back again later. I'll check tomorrow, lol. And for animefreak, Avast! still says it's a threat so we will have to keep waiting for someone to give us an analyses on these websites.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 03:46:12 PM »
Thank god that everyone is having the same problem for a sec there i thot i was the only one :c i was using animefreak for 2 years and it never happened to me so.. i wish they will fix this...

Offline HonzaZ

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 04:34:16 PM »
Hi,
This is most likely a false positive and I am now unblocking "wwwpromoter.com", which was causing Avast to pop up. ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »
I just checked this afternoon and the websites seem to be back to normal now. Thanks for your help guys! Hopefully it won't happen again. XD
Also, lol @ AF's server. Yeah, they should probably update it.