Author Topic: Access Denied Windows 8.1 URGENT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2972 times)

REDACTED

Access Denied Windows 8.1 URGENT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 18, 2015, 04:20:30 PM »
After the last Avast update  2015.10.2.2214,  150318-0  I am getting permission denied errors.

I have an Nvidia graphics card and when I need to switch my SLI from All Displays to Span displays it needs to close the "avastUi.exe" but I can not.
Avast please fix this right away.  Hope to hear from  you tonight or Avast goes bye bye (uninstall).

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Access Denied Windows 8.1 URGENT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 04:21:28 PM »
The update may have corrupted your install. Seems likely to be that.

You need to perform a clean install:

Note: It's important you used the stub online installer from the one I linked.. NOT the offline one.

Note: You need to be ONLINE during this install (online installer works in all cases whereas offline sometimes doesn't)

1.Download your version of avast! and the avastclear tool:

Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Pro Antivirus
Avast Internet Security
Avast Premier

Download Avast Clear Tool

2. Uninstall Avast by control panel  [If you don't have Avast in control Panel go to #3]
3. Uninstall in safe mode using Avastclear. [Running Avastclear is normal mode will give a prompt to go into Safe Mode]
Check : Once uninstalled check in device manager>view>show hidden devices if there is anything related to avast with a yellow triangle.. if so, uninstall it and reboot.
5. Install the version you downloaded.
6. Reboot.

Free: If you have the Free version, register the product for free for a year from the avast! UI.
Paid: If you have a paid license, insert the license key/activation code after the reboot at stage 6.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. It's better to ask than make a mistake and start over again with the process.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 04:58:27 PM »
Ofcourse you can not close avastui.exe.
avast is protecting itself.
If it was easy to close, all malware could do so and that is ofcourse not wanted.

Offline Endt

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 06:37:53 PM »
Hello,

can you generate and send us a support package? There is a "How to" written here https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB33#idt_01 (don't forget to write the package id here). Also it would be nice to have some pictures etc. (be more specific about the problem).

And the last thing, please, don't use capslock next time.

Thanks,
B.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 08:07:27 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 11:35:45 PM »
FIX: If you want to disable self-protection module (in Settings/Troubleshooting), run regedit.exe, and create a new value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVAST Software\Avast\ExitInTray (choose DWORD, value=1). Turn self-protection on. Now you can exit avastui from its tray icon.

Offline Endt

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
Hello,

first of all, i would like to thank you for the support package. This issue will be fixed in upcoming service pack. We are sorry for troubles.

Cheers,

B.