Author Topic: TOTAL SUPPORT  (Read 4616 times)

REDACTED

TOTAL SUPPORT
« on: March 25, 2015, 01:48:07 AM »
Anybody else get terrible service from the total support team, I have asked for a refund and have yet to hear back from them, I noticed on the Facebook page several people have also asked for refunds, anybody know a direct line to call AVAST, I hate this as Ive used the Avast product since it first came out, but the service I got from the script kiddies on this TOTAL support thing was horrid, 16 hours, 5 different techs couldnt fix a conflict and then ACER took 10 Minutes...AVAST I want a refund....and Its a shame you havent trtied to contact me because now your going to lose a customer, I hope no one else has recieved the same customer service I have....

REDACTED

Re: TOTAL SUPPORT
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:54:13 AM »
Hi don40. Welcome to the forums.

Do not call Total Support. It is a third party and not Avast itself.

For a refund, sumit a support ticket: https://support.avast.com/

It takes about 2 weeks for a reply or process to start. If nothing has happened after this period of time come back here with the ID tickect to call Avast attention to it.

For free help about Avast use the forums. We have here very knowledgeable users willing to help.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 02:08:16 AM »
wow...two weeks....im afraid Avast hired the wrong third party vendor, they sucked...Ive sent tickets and emailed and called, TOTAL SUPPORT is not helpful on anything...they couldnt fix the problem after 15 hours of fiddling and diddling running Malware Bytes and Hitman Pro and a bunch of scanners and freeware, I can do that....I wont be buying anymore products after my subscription expires sad to say, poor service is not acceptable, Thanks for your quick reply and advice...

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:15:38 AM »
Avast - Order Confirmation (Order #11000952347)

Heres the order # I WANT A REFUND....

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 03:15:39 AM »
Just report them to the BBB and dispute the charge with your credit card company.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
 1. I received an alert last week that my license had expired that day. It would not allow me to renew online.
2. I call customer support. Selected "billing" prompt. They confirmed my license is still active til 5/25/15. Said must be problems w my computer. Told me to contact tech support.
3. Call & select prompt #2 for tech support.
4. She could not access license info.  Asked to take remote access to troubleshoot computer. Could not access because of license issue "She said".
5.  Uninstalled my premium license and reinstalled a new one. (I found out later it was the "free version")
6. Proceeded to go through computer and point out all types of issues that indicated I had viruses.
7. She also UNINSTALLED "Windows Defender" and "CC Cleaner" as "several virus protection services can cause viruses".
8. She then determined I need Total Support because of severity of my problems..at a cost of $299.99.
9. Total Support tech took remote access. Spent about an hour & when I asked what exactly he found, what corrective measures he had taken - he basically told he didn't find much of anything. Just cleaned history, registry, temp files...nothing I couldn't have done myself.
10.  I asked for refund. Told me I'd have to contact "Customer Care" to get refund for my total of ONE HOUR of service.
11. Customer Care was of no help whatsoever, except to let me know after going into whole history of afternoon "quest" that the 1st "technician" (remember I chose #2 prompt for tech support) was part of sales - not tech support...the same "technician" who duped me into paying $300 for support I didn't need. She refused to let me speak with her supervisor - was rude & condescending.
12. Told me only option was to open ticket. I opened ticket LAST FRIDAY - no reply.
13.  MY SUPPORT TICKET IS XTR-947-51502
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:36:40 PM by Deborah29 »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 09:51:44 PM »
The best help is right here on the forums and our help is free.

To lodge a complaint email   riley(at)avast(dot)com

Please use a mature and responsible tone when using the above email. And be as specific as possible.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 09:52:01 PM »
13. Did a little research. Guess what I found?? This is a known AVAST SCAM!!!  HERE!! READ FOR YOURSELF - THE AVAST RIPOFF SCAM!! I will not give up!  http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/search?r_id=&e_name=avast&body=&e_city=&e_state=&e_country=usa&pg=1
RipoffReport   http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ripoffreport   very trustworthy   ;D

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 10:07:59 PM »

Regardless if "RipoffReport" is trustworthy or not, I know what I experienced and have documentation, including screenshots, for documentation. But thanks for your feedback.  ;D

Please use a mature and responsible tone when using the above email. And be as specific as possible.

I assume you're implying that my tone was not mature or responsible. Perhaps what you're interpreting as immature and irresponsible is outrage. I am disabled and on a fixed income. I spent over 6 hours trying to deal with them last week. As I stated above, I have all documentation, including screenshots. I can be very specific. Thanks for the advice.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:13:52 PM by Deborah29 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 10:09:59 PM »

Regardless if "RipoffReport" is trustworthy or not, I know what I experienced and have documentation, including screenshots, for documentation. But thanks for your feedback.  ;D
relax and calm down and it will be solved

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »
I would like to think so but given their response or lack of, I'm very doubtful. How can you be sure? Seriously? What does it take to get them resolved?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 10:19:09 PM »
I would like to think so but given their response or lack of, I'm very doubtful. How can you be sure? Seriously? What does it take to get them resolved?
it usually takes 10 days or more ... anyway i have PMd somone

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 10:22:57 PM »
Thank you very much. Part of my anxiety stems from concern that as time passes, the excuse will be that after "X" number of days, nothing can be done. Capisce? Sincerely...thank you.