Author Topic: Tread lightly marketing department  (Read 1294 times)

REDACTED

Tread lightly marketing department
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:44:49 PM »
Just got a notification regarding how many hacker attacks avast stopped in the U.S. and I didn't like the image picked.

That mustache put next to the term "hacker", GOD DAMN your marketing department is so misinformed.

First off, for a company such as yours it's not nice to denigrate the Anonymous group like that. You don't even understand what the group is about, no one in the group that's truly Anonymous will ever hack a lame user's computer, their attacks are targeted to specific public figures or governmental entities or people that work there.

Let me share a valuable piece of information, Anonymous stands for government transparency in their actions it's an activist group with good intentions, their methods can be found arguable by some but you are in no position to associate your business with them even a new term got introduced because of them "hacktivism".

I have to admit, it was subtle, but nevertheless it was low on your part to make use of that to promote your product, take out the mustache from the hoody guy and everything is fine.

This stuff is getting too old to be worth ranting about, but I'm getting bored and tired of bad marketing by people who just watch the news to find out what's happening around the globe.

So to summarize, stop associating petty hack attacks to the Anonymous group, they aren't in the business to hack a regular user's computer, their actions are on another level.

As a general rule there is no software that can stop a real hacker getting into your computer, if they really want to they will no matter what protections you use, the only way you can stay safe is to disconnect from the internet, it's as easy as that.

Peace!

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: Tread lightly marketing department
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 10:50:12 PM »
Feel free to post this (and peruse as well if you like) in this topic: Offer pop-ups
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.