Author Topic: Data-problems  (Read 10559 times)

tanya

Data-problems
« on: October 14, 2005, 10:56:52 PM »
My pc reboots when i play games...
or scans :-\

it says my system was restored and the error report says the problem was caused by a device driver.

Also, BFASTFO and pci-utility are found (as hardware) and an install wizard wanna run-
-but it can't find the req.software...

maybe both those has something to do w the problem?
i use xp-pro on a laptop.

does anyone know what can be and maybe has some fixes?
also note:

i try'd an bios (to fix the problem) update and the pc shutoff after a while, dunno if it was done,
but my pc still works and the 3.5 floppy w the  update don't start the update anymore...

the bios got updated ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Data-problems
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 05:12:21 AM »
it says my system was restored and the error report says the problem was caused by a device driver.
Are you sure this is avast! related?
Did you install any other antivirus prior avast! in your computer? which one?
The best things in life are free.

tanya

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 04:01:09 PM »
no, this is not related to avast i think...
it's windows who says my system was restored after an serious error...etc

and no, there's only one antivirus on my pc.

tanya

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 04:17:06 PM »
The report:

Error Caused By A Device Driver
Thank you for submitting an error report. Microsoft is unable to specifically determine what caused the problem you reported. To troubleshoot the problem, please see the information below.
Analysis
A device driver installed on your system caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause. Depending on which situation is applicable to you, please do one of the following:
•   If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your system, the problem might be caused by the driver for the device. If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
•   Some software, such as firewall and anti-virus software, also installs drivers. If this problem occurred after you installed new software, the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem. If you know the manufacturer of the software, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
•   If you don't know the driver's manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.
•   Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update website. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update.
•   For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services.

and another:

Error caused by Intel® Corporation: No specific solution found
Problem Description
An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem and determined that an unknown error occurred in Intel Graphics Driver. This software was created by Intel® Corporation.
Problem Resolution
Microsoft has researched this problem with Intel® Corporation, and they do not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.
•   Contact Intel® Corporation for support or product updates.
Additional Information
If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for Intel Graphics Driver, we recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from Intel® Corporation.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 02:39:14 AM »
Visit the manufacturers website of the laptop and install ALL drivers for it.
Normal laptops are not ment to play games on and are willing to overheat which will cause a shutdown or reboot.

darth.mikey

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 04:25:34 AM »
Yes it looks like your graphics card drivers are causing this, better update your drivers like Eddy said  ;)

tanya

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 04:29:49 AM »
it seems i have the latest drivers and the reboot...NOT shutdown happens often when just browsing.
can this be caused by a deleted virus/infected file?

Thanks 4 the replys :)

oh, is toshiba with intel inside...
does that mean download from both or just toshiba?

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 04:39:18 AM »
Just Toshiba...

Go here:

http://209.167.114.38/support/Download/ln_byModel.htm

You'll see 3 steps. Fill each one, make your choices, first Notebooks, then Family, then finally your Model

You should be able to find all drivers for your model of a notebook in there.

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

tanya

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 06:00:30 AM »
Thanks

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 01:31:50 PM »
You're welcome Tanya,

Just make sure to update us with new information, so we know your notebook is ok...  :)

Regards !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 02:00:23 PM »
Also disable auto-reboot and if you get a bsod, take the error to google and the MS knowledgebase. It will tell you more about what is going on.

tanya

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 10:56:25 PM »
i think this has to do with the hardware: pci-utility and BFASTFAO
i can't find the drivers for them.

and both are marked as "?" on the menu that has procesor, card etc...
and also...

when my pc reboots automaticlt...there's a blue screen w white text for one sec
i think i had it...

i will buy a new and better gaming pc, and reinstall my os on this one and see what happpens.

i still gonna try to get this work proper, but all solutions seems not to work :-\
thanks a lot for the help :)

darth.mikey

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »
i will buy a new and better gaming pc

Vau a girl that plays pc games and has money... I want to meet you  ;D  ;D  ;D

tanya

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 12:51:07 AM »
oh yes, a hubby with computer knowledge :-*
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 09:32:44 AM by tanya »

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 12:57:55 AM »
Tanya, I also think that your BIOS updating didn't finish properly... it could also be the core of your problems. Can you check somehow if you can update your BIOS one more time ?

It shouldn't reboot your computer immediatelly... at least not without asking you prior to reseting the machine... or maybe your BIOS update utility works that way and it's kind of weird, I don't know...

Try those things as well...  ;)

Do not marry Miha, he is from Slovenia and he likes to count sheeps before he's going to sleep  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D (joke)